🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Cloudflare making it difficult to access ...
Page options
niall-n
Community Member

Cloudflare making it difficult to access the Upwork site

I used to be able to access Upwork through the Brave browser, now I can only do it through Chrome but it's still a long process of going through Cloudflare checking whether the connection is secure and then making me take multiple captcha challenges to test whether I'm human. Sometimes this ends up in a loop. This is wasting a lot of time and creating inefficiency. Why has this new implementation been added - I can't be the only one experiencing problems with this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Niall,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about trouble accessing Upwork using the said browser. Asking users to enter CAPTCHA when we detect unusual activity is one of the tools Upwork uses to help ensure a safe online workplace. That said, it's not normal when CAPTCHA appears too often. Please, make sure that:

• Javascript is enabled
  • Cookies are enabled
  • Your browser does not block ads
  • Your browser is not blocking Upwork analytical tools.

You can try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari. Try using one of these browsers or the incognito mode of your current browser to check if this resolves the issue.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hi Niall,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about trouble accessing Upwork using the said browser. Asking users to enter CAPTCHA when we detect unusual activity is one of the tools Upwork uses to help ensure a safe online workplace. That said, it's not normal when CAPTCHA appears too often. Please, make sure that:

• Javascript is enabled
  • Cookies are enabled
  • Your browser does not block ads
  • Your browser is not blocking Upwork analytical tools.

You can try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari. Try using one of these browsers or the incognito mode of your current browser to check if this resolves the issue.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
niall-n
Community Member

Thanks Pradeep, still taking a while but much better now. Disabled ad blocking and made sure all cookies were accepted.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members