cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coffee House business plan: Scams?

blastofflabs
Community Guru

I'm seeing a lot of posts wanting a business plan for a coffee house, in different locations.  I saw a good-sounding one eight days ago so i submitted a proposal.  Today I got an instant message about it, if I could chat about unrelated matters (different projects, etc).  

I don't know if this post is 'for real' or not.  But since I responded to it I've started noticing a pattern of a lot of 'coffee house business plan' posts.  Some of them are a bit strange, like "I have 8 tables and chairs, need coffee house bus plan". Others more convincing. 

It isn't like you can write a business plan for a coffee house and walk into a bank for a loan nowadays... thought maybe these are actually from the "fake business plan to get a Visa" posters? (attorneys).

I'm just wondering if there has been a pattern of scammers posting this sort of job?  If so, what is their reason to go through the effort? Any red flags to watch out for?

I wasn't born yesterday:) however I'm relatively new to Upwork so thought I'd ping the community. 

11 REPLIES 11
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS