maria_morgan

Collabs

I'm looking to collaborate on a blog with another freelancer, is there anywhere on this website to post for that? 

10 REPLIES 10
yitwail

What you just posted might work. You might also want to provide some details, and ask freelancers to send you a Private Message if they're interested.

Thanks John K 🙂  I just wanted to make a general inquiry about it because I didn't know if it's allowed on this site .  I am looking to start a lifestyle/mom blog.  My problem right now is time, I don't know where to start with creating and writing a blog but I have plenty of content!!!  Note this is unpaid!  But of course if the blog becomes successful it could indeed become lucrative.   Basically I'm looking for someone to create and write the blog and I will provide the post ideas, topics, pictures, etc.  If anyone is interested please message me!  Or if anyone knows of another website other than this one where I can look for someone for this project please let me know!

Maria, what you describe is not a collaboration. It is called hiring a writer. Requesting unpaid work is not allowed on Upwork.

If this is unpaid, then I think Facebook would be your best 'search' place. Check out mom groups and take it from there.

I have an empty blog, just have not any idea to put there. Maybe I can rent the blog and administrating it at the same time. 

Maria wrote, "Note this is unpaid!" When I suggested details, that's the sort of thing I was referring to. As Tiffany pointed out, asking for free work through Upwork is prohibited, but freelancers aren't prohibited from volunteering to do whatever they feel like doing. Just how you go about announcing an opportunity for volunteers while staying within the site ToS, I do not know.

@Maria M wrote:

Thanks John K 🙂  I just wanted to make a general inquiry about it because I didn't know if it's allowed on this site .  I am looking to start a lifestyle/mom blog.  My problem right now is time, I don't know where to start with creating and writing a blog but I have plenty of content!!!  Note this is unpaid!  But of course if the blog becomes successful it could indeed become lucrative.   Basically I'm looking for someone to create and write the blog and I will provide the post ideas, topics, pictures, etc.  If anyone is interested please message me!  Or if anyone knows of another website other than this one where I can look for someone for this project please let me know!

lol So basically they do everything and ride on your brilliant idea that's been done a million times over.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maria,

You can post a job as a client on Upwork, hire a freelancer and pay them for their work. Upwork site is not meant to be used for unpaid work or collaboration.

All, please, note that a few posts have been removed from this thread as off-topic.

~ Valeria
Upwork
versailles

Boss: ... so basically this is what you'll have to do. Questions?

Applicant: Well no, I mean it sounds great. Oh yes, what about the pay?

Boss: You will be paid. Eventually. I'm just starting this thing. I hope to turn it into something profitable and when this happens, you'll be paid.

Applicant: ???

Boss: OK, listen, I see this like a kind of collaboration between you and me. See, more like a partnership... Hey, where are you going? Wait! No seriously, wait...

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

No, no, Rene...this is a COLLABORATION. The other person will be a PARTNER who just happens to bring 100% of the expertise and labor.