🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Collect your free connects
Page options
rafsun_ug
Community Member

Collect your free connects

I just had an interview with a new client and I got this email within a few minutes of starting the interview.

**Edited for community guidelines**

It's wonderful that I had received 80 free connects after claiming this 🙂

**Edited for community guidelines**

I appreciate Upwork for this great opportunity. But I did a mistake. I had a little bit of conversation with the client and I quit because the job was not a perfect fit for me, after knowing his exact requirements. But I clicked on the "I never had a conversation with And.......amp " mistakenly. Hope this will not be a problem. 

Does anyone know is there any special expiry date for these free connects and what is the base of this free connects I mean is it a one-time opportunity or is there any way to circle this opportunity?

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rafsun,

We'll share your concern regarding the survey response you submitted with the team. We do, on occasion, give out free Connects so we can test and improve our marketplace. Eligibility and criteria vary depending on a number of circumstances. You can use these connects as soon as you claim them and they do expire after one year.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
rafsun_ug
Community Member

Thank you, Bojan. Please let me know the survey response I submitted when you get time if you get something form the team. 

And what is the relation to this free connect with this specific client? 

Rafsun,

We won't be able to share more information about the eligibility criteria for these programs and promotions. I would like to confirm, however, that we took a note of the information you shared here and updated your survey answer accordingly.

Thank you! 

~ Valeria
Upwork

It is my understanding that you get connects per interview.  However, in my case, the are given out randomly or not consistently.  Is there any guidance on this or is this confidential and held behind the curtain?

Clinton L wrote:

It is my understanding that you get connects per interview.  However, in my case, the are given out randomly or not consistently.  Is there any guidance on this or is this confidential and held behind the curtain?

Clinton, were these the result of invitations to submit proposals?

The only time you get the free connects is if you apply outright (no invitation), the client responds, then you respond - then within about 24 hours, 10 free connects. Check your transaction history to see your connects spending. 

It was my understanding that the only requirement was that I was invited to a job and then I  responded to the request.  It make sense (but isn't clear in the Upwork literature/site) that it should require more than one step, unless the invite didn't match your skills or some other personal criteria and had to deny the invitation.

Did a little more research/poking around and I was able to quantify how many connects have been awarded to me due to job interview responses for up to 90 days in the past.  Also, I was able to see that in a given day, I was awarded multiple interview responses.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members