🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Commerical License
Page options
laurielogan
Community Member

Commerical License

I am about to send a proposal for a voice-over job that is asking me to submit a commercial license for the recording. Can you tell me where I might find this commercial license? Is this needed for all commercials and is it just for the US?

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Laurie L wrote:

I am about to send a proposal for a voice-over job that is asking me to submit a commercial license for the recording. Can you tell me where I might find this commercial license? Is this needed for all commercials and is it just for the US?

I have never heard about a commercial license in that content, but I no nothing about your industry. But if you, the expert, doesn't know about it, I get suspicious. Just make sure this is not an attempt to get your personal information for the wrong reasons. 

michael_skaggs
Community Member

As far as I know, there's no license needed to do that kind of work, even on the radio. The only licensing needed would be the broadcast license any given station would already have from the FCC (or they wouldn't be able to operate).

What they could be talking about, however, is for you to send them your licensing terms for the use of your voice. For example, one year, two years, full buyout, etc. Also what market size would be covered by that license (usually "local", "regional", or "national"). Different combinations often carry different pricing (a national, full buyout license is gonna run a lot more than a 1-year local, for instance).

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members