cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commission as payment

sekai-senwosret
Sekai S Member Since: Oct 2, 2017
1 of 3

I am new to Upwork and I have noticed clients wanting to pay grant writers on commission. First of all, it is unethical by grant writer standards because most fundations do not pay for fundraising cost unless it is a capacity building grant. Also, it is a hidden cost, that when the budget is submitted is not included, but comes out of the grant proceeds. I wish something like this could be posted to clients interested in grant writing - it is not cool with foundations. 

Secondly, can we post our webist on our profile? I see a link for social media. Also, what about portfolios?

Thanks!!!

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
2 of 3

I can't respond to the first part of your question.

You cannot provide links to external websites/portfolios if there a way to contact you from that site. For the sake of client convenience, it's best to have a few samples readily available in your Upwork profile.

e_mcnamee
Elizabeth M Member Since: Mar 17, 2019
3 of 3

Your post is kind of old, but I still want to add to the conversation. I just saw a post for a grant writer job offering a commission. I wrote to the client and informed them that this is unethical, and that AFP members -- the most qualified for the job -- will not work on commission. Anyone else I should inform about this? Somewhere in Upwork support?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS