xedinunknown

Company Brand

Hi,

I'm new to Upwork, but not at all new to web development. I have a company, which I am registering with Upwork right now. I am in the process of filling in the details for transactions, where I have to give the name of the company, which is fine. However, I would like to work under a different brand name, not the same name as the actual company. I'm fine with Upwork seeing the real name, but I would like the clients to see something else in the profile. Is this possible, is this allowed and if so, how?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Anton,

Sorry about the confusion. Information under Company Settings> Company Info> Company Contact Info should be your legal name and address. It's better if it matches the information on the payment method you add. You may use a company payment method for withdrawals, but you may need to verify that you are authorised to use it.

Screenshot_2.png

Company name you put under Company Profile Info will show on your agency profile. There is a link to your agency profile on your (and any agency freelancer) profile on the right under "Associated with."

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anton,

Make sure that the information you put in your Company Contact matches your company's legal name and the information on your payment method. Your agency's profile name can be different.

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

And thank you for your prompt reply.

Could you specify exactly which sections and settings you are referring to as "Company Contact"?

In the Agency account's Settings, I see 2 sections with the words "Company and "Contact", namely "Company Info" and "Contact Info".

The settings in the "Contact Info" page do not feature a "Company Name" field or similar, which I guess leaves "Company Info". But when I change the  value of the "Company Name" field in "Company Info", that changes the name in the profile page, which is viewable when clicking the link "View my company profile as others see it", and of course this is not desirable.

On the other hand, the "My Profile" section does not feature a "Company Name" field at all, but instead reflects my personal profile.

Could you kindly confirm which exact settings have to reflect the company's legal name, and which I can change to my liking for others to see?

Hi Anton,

Sorry about the confusion. Information under Company Settings> Company Info> Company Contact Info should be your legal name and address. It's better if it matches the information on the payment method you add. You may use a company payment method for withdrawals, but you may need to verify that you are authorised to use it.

Screenshot_2.png

Company name you put under Company Profile Info will show on your agency profile. There is a link to your agency profile on your (and any agency freelancer) profile on the right under "Associated with."

~ Valeria
Upwork