Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company Name on Freelancer Invoices?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
1 of 18

From my reading it doesn't seem this is possible, but I am wondering if there is a way for a freelancer's company name to show on invoices sent to clients?  I have an LLC which is listed within the tax information of my profile. However, invoices go out with just my name.  I see that clients can have a company name with an "ATTN" that includes their name.  I've gone through options within my profile but I don't see anything that allows for this as a Freelancer.  

Curious to know if this is possible and I am just missing it?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 18

Hi Scott,

Currently your profile name will show on your invoices. If you are hired under an agency and receive all the payments to via an agency account, agency's name and contact information will show on your invoices.

~ Valeria
Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 18

Thanks for the confirmation, Valeria.  This is not an UW agency situation.  I work under my LLC which is registered within my account.  Would have been great to have an option, like Client's do, for the name to be the company name and an ATTN being the profile name.  I understand that this option doesn't exist today.

Leary of setting up an agency for just the naming ability,

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
4 of 18
This widget could not be displayed.

@Scott B wrote:

Thanks for the confirmation, Valeria.  This is not an UW agency situation.  I work under my LLC which is registered within my account.  Would have been great to have an option, like Client's do, for the name to be the company name and an ATTN being the profile name.  I understand that this option doesn't exist today.

Scott, for a workaround you could add XYZ LLC/XYZ street in the address fieldAddress Invoice.png

Highlighted
Community Guru
5 of 18

@Margarete M wrote:

@Scott B wrote:

Scott, for a workaround you could add XYZ LLC/XYZ street in the address fieldAddress Invoice.png

Interesting workaround, Margarete.  Wonder if that would cause any other issues since it isn't a valid address?  

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 18

Scott,

I understand what you mean and have shared your feedback with the team. They will look into adding this functionality.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
7 of 18

It would be wonderful to extend that to Upwork's own invoices to the freelancers - I'm in the same situation and currently Upwpork's invoices can not be written off as expense because of the name mismatch.

Highlighted
Anthony J Member Since: Aug 31, 2017
8 of 18

Has this been addressed yet?   It is very important that the invoices sent to my clients have my LLC name, and that the invoices sent from Upwork for the Upwork fees are addressed to the LLC and not me.   If this can not be fixed, then I won't be able to continue providing my services on Upwork.

Highlighted
Hao W Member Since: Sep 18, 2017
9 of 18

I'm a freelancer with my own company. Obviously my company's name should appear on all invoices as I'm doing business under my company's name. Currently the invoices with the Upwork service fees does not include my company's name and I cannot write it off as an expense. How should I explain that my company billed an amount to the client and only received 10% less? Very annoying

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
10 of 18

Hi Hao,

Thank you for your feedback, we already shared this information with our team and will consider updating this information.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS