🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Company Registration
Page options
arslntnr
Community Member

Company Registration

Hello everyone,

I am a freelancer from Turkey. However, I live in Poland as a student. I am about to start my company through an Estonian e-residency. I wonder if it is possible to change my profile as if I am an agency. So, I will receive the payment with my tax id on Upwork. In this case, I won't need to pay VAT too. The problem is that my service provider is not working with Upwork at the moment. However, it will still be better for me to have my agency on Upwork since I can declare my taxes by myself to the Polish state. I am a taxpayer in Poland because of being a student who has more than 26 years of age and doing business as a freelancer and planning to switch to an agency. Let me know about your experiences.

Good luck to everyone.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Taner,

Could you please check the validity of your VAT number in the VIES database? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Taner,

If you would like to represent yourself as a company or work as a team you will need to open an agency profile. You can do this by going to Settings > My Teams > Click on the Create a New Account button.

Regarding VAT, We won't charge VAT if a freelancer or agency has a valid VAT number in the format shown Here. Freelancers and agencies with VAT numbers can add them by visiting the Accounts menu > Settings > Tax Information. If the tax ID that you submit isn't in the format provided by VIES, Upwork won't be able to validate it. To learn more about VAT, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you for your reply. However, I was not able to and still not able to provide my VAT number through your system. There must be something wrong!

Hi Taner,

Could you please check the validity of your VAT number in the VIES database? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Sure, I was trying to but I wasn't able to. What should I put for requester's state?

Hi Taner,

Unfortunately, I can't advise you about this. I would recommend reaching out to a local speclists if you have any questions regarding your VAT number.
In order for Upwork to accept your Upwork VAT number, it needs to be verified in the VIES database. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I got it. Thank you anyway. Btw, I can confirm my  VAT already.

However, the problem is that Upwork is still not accepting my VAT number even it is valid. I do not understand why!

Hi Taner,

Our team just reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your VAT number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

You guys still didn't solve my problem. It has been weeks and almost 10 times that I have been rejected. I don't understand what the problem is exactly!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Taner,

I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience this caused. It looks like you're communicating with our team regarding this case on your existing ticket. Please allow time for our team to respond and update the ticket. If you have any additional questions please post them on that ticket for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

How to delete company profile in my personal id ?

If i delete my company profile will this would effect my personal id or my personal id would be closed?

I want to build a new company profile with my id ? how can i do this ?

How to delete company profile in my personal id ?

If i delete my company profile will this would effect my personal id or my personal id would be closed?

I want to build a new company profile with my id ? how can i do this ?

Hi Hussain,

Could you please clarify if you're referring to your client or agency profile? Once the profile is closed, your account will not be affected in any way.
However, I would also recommend editing your profile instead of closing it and opening a new one. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
649f0351
Community Member

Hi, it happens to me. I have a company in Estonia and I am trying to validate my VAT (which it is valid https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/#/vat-validation) by Upwork always rejects it.

Hello Sebastian,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members