🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Company asking for bank name
Page options
08683e81
Community Member

Company asking for bank name

I am brand new to Upwork and I was asked for an interview from a company via Skype messaging today. They then proceeded to ask me to fill out a Google form that contains a question asking for my bank name at the end. I believe they are trying to scam me.  Aren't all payments processed through Upwork? What should I do?

2 REPLIES 2
sullivanliz
Community Member

Report them and move on. Then read the ToS.

You're right that payments have to go through Upwork, but also all communication with potential clients has to be through Upwork until you have a contract. That means no talking through Skype messenger or filling in Google forms!
NikolaS

Hi Angela,

A real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. I advise you to check this page for great tips that can help you stay safe on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Additionally, I see that you create a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members