🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Complain
Page options
baobab777
Community Member

Complain

Client did not want to pay after job finished.DUal boot Windows 10...His name is **Edited for Community Guidelines**... who said that I did not finish a job,even I showed him dual boot choice on power on and restart.Such a bam.

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Sinisa:
I am sorry that you had a disappointing experience while using Upwork.

I understand why you are coming to the Community Forum to complain about this client.

But you named the client by name in your post.

That is not allowed.

An Upwork moderator will need to edit your post.

Rather than complain about a client like that, what you should do is this:

You should ask questions until you figure out what you did wrong.

Your goal in working on Upwork is to get paid.

So if you did NOT get paid for this work, then it means you did something wrong.

You used Upwork incorrectly.

If you can figure out what you did wrong, then you can FIX your mistakes and not make those mistakes again in the future.

To help get you started, please answer these questions:

Was this a fixed-price or hourly contract?

Were you officially hired using an Upwork contract? (Can you see the contract listed under Upwork -> My Jobs -> My Jobs ?)

Hi,

I used Upwork couple years.

Nothing wrong-Job was "by project",client agreed with 20$ per hour.Moreover,he  made officialy Contract.

I did this job in 2-3 runs,but ALL THE TIME client made interuptions 7-8 times over Skype(other phone calls,meetings and so on).It was Win 10 dual boot in EFI mode...I made it with DISM tool and new one ISO image which I DOWNLOADED from Internet.Also,I found 3-4 scripts and on the end,Command Prompt showed ......"operation finished succesfully".I called client and told him to restart...He BROKE UP AnyDesk connection first.Then,he said.."You did not ask me which oS is DEFAULT!" I said that it is irrelevant in BIOS boot.After rhat he logged in,reactivated AnyDesk and said "Look,I got just ONE OS"..I asked him to make restart,shutdown,whateverand to turn on mobile phone camera..He REJECTED.

This behaviour are made of cheat and bam habits. 

I plan for ALL furure jobs to make proposals with MILESTONES.

Regards,

Sini

I plan for ALL furure jobs to make proposals with MILESTONES

And make sure it's funded by the client before you do the job, and only do the job as much as the funded milestone.

So if this dual OS project costs $60, and the client only fund $10, you should stop working after setting up the remote desktop connection. Basically like that.

$20 per hour

That's a different type which is basically safer. You should read here for more info.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths