Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Complaint against a client

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
11 of 17

Ruchit Y wrote:

Dear sir,

Myself ruchit **Edited for Community Guidelines**, I am new on upwork. but i am professinonal designer and photo editor , I got message from Mr. **Edited for Community Guidelines** to do a job but there was a condition to do sample job first. I did sample work and gave him 9 pics after changing backgrounds (I liked my work too). Then he messaged me that he have some problem on upwork and send me link for creating new account on other website. But he again wants that I have to do some more sample work for him on other website. When I denied to do their sample work again on other website and said him to give the work on upwork he disline me. You can also check my conversation with him and my sample work which I did for him.

Your client is a scammer who has tricked you into working for free. 

Ruchit Y Member Since: Jan 11, 2019
12 of 17

Thanks Tonya.

I will take care now.

Ace Contributor
Matthew M Member Since: May 22, 2013
13 of 17

I think he's just trying to intimidate you with the threat of a bad review. It's blackmail. Don't give in to it and report his behaviour to Upwork.

Zeeshan S Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
14 of 17

Thanks for reply Smiley Happy

Where can I Report? Please help me so I will do

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
15 of 17

Ignore him. If he actually initiates a dispute with Upwork, you can deal with it through their process.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
16 of 17

Tiffany S wrote:

Ignore him. If he actually initiates a dispute with Upwork, you can deal with it through their process.

How can the client (who never hired the freelancer, and is suspended) initiate a dispute?

And for what?

Or what / who are you responding to? (Maybe the OP - from 2017?  ... The dangers of indiscriminate thread merging...)

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
17 of 17

Oops, yes. Usually if the thread is huge I notice (not always) that it started eons ago, but this one was small enough that I took it for fresh.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS