🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Complaint to be not able to accept the of...
Page options
ahmedkashif57
Community Member

Complaint to be not able to accept the offer, when the amount shows escrowed???

Hi, please help me find an answer as to how, I've received an offer, that shows the amount is escrowed, while, I am unable to accept the offer, the following alert shows up as I click the Accept Offer button.

"This client's account is on a temporary hold. Once the issue is resolved, you can accept their offer."

The time I spent just to recieve an offer from client can all go to waste, if this doesn't get resolved, kindly, please, help me out here. 
7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kasif,

While we can’t share any details, please ask your client to follow up with our team on the notification they received and communicate with our team in order to resolve the issue with their account. Please do not work on any project until a client resolves this issue, you have accepted the offer, it’s showing on your My Jobs page as an active contract, and the client’s payment method is verified. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Thank you very much for helping me out, I've contacted the client to contact the support and I have not heard from him till now, other than he responding to it earlier that the amount is escrowed.

However, I would like to add that I've not accepted the offer, I'm unable to do so, because of the alert popping up "reminding me of - temporary hold" when I click the Accept Offer Button. 

As to the active contract, there are still 2 days left for me to accept the offer before it expires. I'm hoping for the best, other wise, I will lose an offer, that I worked hard to get. 

Best Regards,
Kashif A.

Kashif A wrote:

there are still 2 days left for me to accept the offer before it expires. I'm hoping for the best, other wise, I will lose an offer, that I worked hard to get. 

The client's account is suspended and until the client fixes that, there is nothing you or Upwork can do to fix the issue. The offer is of no use to you if the client is suspended, because you couldn't get paid.

Hi Petra, 

Thank you very much for your response, I really appreciate it, I'm hoping to understand what happens to the escrow amount, when the offer will expire, the first milestone which was funded on 6th of April, 2021 of $400, where will the escorw amount go? Do Upwork return it to the client after the offer expires? Or does it remains with Upwork, unless the client contact them to get the money back?

Best Regards,
Kashif A.

Kashif A wrote:

I'm hoping to understand what happens to the escrow amount, when the offer will expire, the first milestone which was funded on 6th of April, 2021 of $400, where will the escorw amount go? Do Upwork return it to the client after the offer expires?

If the offer expires, the money in escrow goes back to the payment method it was funded from.

Right, so the money go directly back to the client, because, the offer expires, and the expiration is irrespective of the fact that the client was able to escrow it in the first place and have it come back without having to actually send his money to the platform or a freelancer. In that matter, I would suggest to have some sort of identifer on the job posting so that the freelancer will know that the client has yet not actually verified his payment method. I hope you understand.

Best Regards,
Kashif A.

Kashif A wrote:

In that matter, I would suggest to have some sort of identifer on the job posting so that the freelancer will know that the client has yet not actually verified his payment method.

Whatever do you mean? It says that on every job post... Every. Single. One!

verified.pngnot verified.png

You can even see it at first glance in your job feed

verified feed.png

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members