Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete my first job but client did not answer me about the payment

alessandra_ma
alessandra m Member Since: Aug 31, 2017
1 of 10

Hi, 

i'm not new but just recently i had my first contract on upwork.
At the beginning they were active, and give me a "milestone payment".
Now that i give them the rest of the work they stop to answer me, here and via email, and for now they don't give me the rest of the money (or tell me if i have to review the work).
I start to feel quite bother but i need to know what they have in their mind.
I feel so frustrated because i don't even know how things works here. 
What can i do? Hope in their good faith?
Thank you.

jutta_beinker
Community Guru
Jutta B Member Since: Jun 7, 2016
2 of 10

Hi,

was the job fully funded?

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "
alessandra_ma
3 of 10

I think it was, but maybe i'm just dolt and i didn't understand how it works. Schermata 2017-08-31 alle 11.58.33.png

jutta_beinker
Community Guru
4 of 10

HI Alessandra,

if the agreed price was 100 than it's fully funded.if you have submitted your work through the link: request payment/submit work, Upwork will automatically pay you after 14 days if client does not release the payment before that.

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 10

Hi Jutta,

Please note that information you shared is incorrect, the agreed amount shows the amount both parties agree on for the contract but it doesn't mean escrow is funded for the full amount.

Untitled
jutta_beinker
Community Guru
6 of 10

ok I wasn't aware ofg that as it always looks like that for me and it's always funded.

alessandra_ma
7 of 10

Actually, i can't find the "request payment" or "submit work" link. 
I send my work via their opeerating system. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 10

@alessandra m wrote:

Actually, i can't find the "request payment" or "submit work" link. 
I send my work via their opeerating system. 

That is because the client only funded the first milestone. You should not have started to work on the second milestone until it was actually funded, as there is no protection if you work beyond what is funded.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
9 of 10

Hi Aalessandra,

I checked your contract and see no new Milestones were created after the first one was released. If you've continued working on this contract and delivered work in addition to the one provided for the first Milestone, you'll need to ask the client to create, fund and release another Milestone or issue a bonus payment.

Escrow for your contract was funded only for the partial amount, shown next to the sole Milestone. Going forward, make sure to accept an offer only if Escrow is funded for the full contract amount, through one or multiple Milestones, in order to be covered by Upwork Payment Protection. You can find more information here.

Untitled

View solution in original post

alessandra_ma
10 of 10

Hi Vladimir, 
thank you, now it's clear. I feel so stupid but thank to you, now i know how to manage other jobs. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS