🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Complete profile 100% & ID verification
Page options
10fb6178
Community Member

Complete profile 100% & ID verification

Hi Support team, 

My profile is not showing my profile completed bar showing % of completion.

Secondly I am unable to verify my ID.

ID verification tab is also not showing.

Any one please guide.

Kind regards

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Asad,

Thank you for your message. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
PradeepH

Hi Asad,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. You can check your profile completeness at the bottom of your My Stats page. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep H.

Thanks for guidance, may I know when verification is required.

Regards

Asad

Hi Asad,

Thank you for your message. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks Pradeep

Same with me , my I'd is verified but visual inspection is pending from many days even if I completed. 

Tommorow is last day as showing status is complete verification by 13 dec 2023

Kindly review 

Hi Piyanut,

I can see that you've already successfully verified your ID. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
baybado_janine
Community Member

Hi,

I need help with my identity verification. On my profile, it shows like this:

1. ID document verification

Successfully verified on 2022-01-09

2. Visual verification

We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day.

My visual verication hasn't been updated for days already. I tried to contact support and was only given a ticket number by BOT. I checked the ticket and it says SOLVED but on my profile there's still an action required message: Action required: Verify your identity by 01/15/2022 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork.

Please help me! I am about to start my job next week and I'm concerned about it's impact.

Hi Janine,

Our team has just updated your account and the badge is now awarded on your profile as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I just literally recieved an e-mail from upwork that I've now been fully verified. Thank you so much! 

Hi Goran V,

Hope you are doing fine, i am unable to verfiy my ID. i need your kind support for ID verification.

Thanks & regards,

Asad

petra_r
Community Member

Asad K wrote

Hope you are doing fine, i am unable to verfiy my ID. i need your kind support for ID verification.

You were told on Saturday that you can't verify your ID until you are requested to do so by Upwork. Have Upwork since asked you to verify your ID? If not, you can't.

d49b77d5
Community Member

2. Visual verification

We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day.
My visual verification hasn't been updated for days already. I tried to contact support and was only given a ticket number by BOT. I checked the ticket and it says SOLVED but on my profile, there's still an action required message:  Verify your identity by 01/15/2022 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork.

Hi Muhammad,

I checked with the team and it looks like you should be able to see your badge already!

~Andrea
Upwork

Please how do I know if I'm verified?

Thank you.

Hi Blessing,

Thank you for your message. Once your identity is verified, we’ll put an Identity Verified badge on your profile. This badge displays as a check mark next to your name. We’ll let you know when it’s time for you to earn the "Identity Verified" badge by sending an email and showing you a notification when you log into your Upwork account. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
c336ee3c
Community Member

I have added a portfolio but again my profile rate is 40%

Hi Tehreem,

There are many ways to get to 100%, but some items are required. To reach 50% you’ll need a photo, profile overview, at least one employment history item, and at least one skill tag. Any combination of the other choices can then be used to reach 100%. Check out this help page for more information. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
busethedesigner
Community Member

Hi, I got my first job and added necessary information for ID verification on 27.04.2023.

However it still says that at the top of the main page:

"Action required: Verify your identity by 04/30/2023 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started."

and this;

1. ID document verification

We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1-3 business days. Learn more.

2. Location verification

We'll make sure your profile location matches whats on your ID. In case it doesnt, we'll ask you for some extra documents.

3. Visual verification

at the ID verification part under settings.

Since there is only one day left until the given deadline for the verification (30.04.2023 as the system says) I am worried. 

As you see, there seems nothing is happening and there is (!) sign next to 1. and 3. Paragraph. I feel very anxious about any problem that can occur. So can you please help me? What can I do to verify my account in a correct way?

Hi Buse,

I've followed up directly with the team handling your case and they confirmed that your ID is now verified. You will now be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile. Let us know if you still need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4a5caed4
Community Member

"delete"

"delete"

Hi Hakan,

We certainly understand your concern about the ID verification process and we truly respect your feedback. To help ensure a professional, secure marketplace that everyone can trust, we’re moving toward requiring all active talent to verify their identity.

Rest assured that Upwork takes the protection of your personal information seriously. We do not sell any of the identity verification information you share with us, and we process and retain your information according to Upwork’s Privacy Policy.

With that said, I've submitted a follow-up to the team reviewing your documents and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID is now verified. You should now be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
4a5caed4
Community Member

Hi Arjay,
I don't know how to thank you. I went through a process that strained my patience (due to the earthquake in the country I live in). That's why I thought negatively about Upwork.
Thanks to your help, my identity has been verified and I don't know how to thank you. Please feel free to contact me if you want me to do something for you.
Take care of yourself.
Kind regards

-Hakan

4a5caed4
Community Member

"delete"

Thank you very much.

2cd62f3e
Community Member

My visual verification hasn't been updated . I tried to contact support and was only given a ticket number by BOT. I checked the ticket and it says SOLVED but on my profile, there's still an action required message Action required: Verify your identity by 10/06/2023 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork. it last day please im worried.

Hi Hamza,

I contacted the team handling your case on our end and can confirm that your verification is now completed. You should no longer see that notification on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2cd62f3e
Community Member

Thank you so much.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths