🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Complete the project before money being avail...
Page options
jeetuchoudhary
Community Member

Complete the project before money being available

I am working on a project and charged my client some hours and money is in review state. The project is completed and the client wants to close the project. So should I ask him to close the contract right away or wait for the money to be available?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jitendera K wrote:

the client will only be able to close the contract when hours billed are paid? Al

No, the client can close the contract now.

Jitendera K wrote:

Also, hours were added manually by the mutual understanding of both. 

There is no protection for manual time, regardless of whether they were entered by mutual understanding or not. But as long as the client pays, that isn't an issue. For that it also doesn't matter if the contract is open or closed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
richardrader
Community Member

The client can close the project without issue. You will receive the funds based on the hourly payment schedule.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063698-Weekly-Billing-Cycle

the client will only be able to close the contract when hours billed are paid? Also, hours were added manually by the mutual understanding of both. 

Jitendera K wrote:

the client will only be able to close the contract when hours billed are paid? Al

No, the client can close the contract now.

Jitendera K wrote:

Also, hours were added manually by the mutual understanding of both. 

There is no protection for manual time, regardless of whether they were entered by mutual understanding or not. But as long as the client pays, that isn't an issue. For that it also doesn't matter if the contract is open or closed.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Jitendera:
You may tell the client:

"Harold,

Thank you for the opportunity to work on the project. As far as I know, I have completed the tasks that you asked me to do. You are welcome to close the contract now - and no more time will be billed. If there are additional tasks you would like me to work on, then you may keep the contract open and I will work on those tasks, logging time while I do so."

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths