🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Completed job shows as active contract
Page options
lynn_mccullough
Community Member

Completed job shows as active contract

I recently completed my first job here on Upwork. The contract was fixed price, the client was outstanding to work with, and based on their private messages with me, they were very happy with the work I delivered. They already approved payment. In short, as perfect a first experience on the site as one could hope for.

Though complete, the job still shows as ongoing on my profile. After searching through posts here, I think this is because of the 5-day security hold on all payments, but I'm not positive. Is it the case that job status doesn't show as complete until payments move from Pending to Available? I'm less concerned about the money than I am having the experience visible and being able to leave the client feedback.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_samuel_udokpok
Community Member

You or your client have to close the job and leave feedback (optional to leave the feedback). Right now the contract is still open hence it's showing active or in progress

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
d_samuel_udokpok
Community Member

You or your client have to close the job and leave feedback (optional to leave the feedback). Right now the contract is still open hence it's showing active or in progress

lynn_mccullough
Community Member

Ah-ha, I'm glad I asked, then. It seems I still need to wait until the security period ends in order to do that, but I'm glad to know I'll have to do that manually. Thank you!

Best to allow clients close contracts so that they can leave feedback and rating

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members