🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Concern.
Page options
bc458181
Community Member

Concern.

Hello family, I got an offer from a client but I can't accept it because I'm told his payment method is unverified. Upwork team sent me an email that this offer will expire on 12/12/2020. What do I do since the client had deposited the amount in escrow?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Warandah J wrote:
. What do I do since the client had deposited the amount in escrow?

You wait until the client has verified their payment method. If the client doesn't, the money that is in escrow can never be released to you...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Warandah J wrote:
. What do I do since the client had deposited the amount in escrow?

You wait until the client has verified their payment method. If the client doesn't, the money that is in escrow can never be released to you...

bc458181
Community Member

But upwork sent a mail that this offer will expire on 12/12/2020... Does it mean that the amount in escrow will be refunded back to the client?
petra_r
Community Member

Warandah J wrote:
But upwork sent a mail that this offer will expire on 12/12/2020... Does it mean that the amount in escrow will be refunded back to the client?

The money can't go anywhere else whether the offer expires or not. If the client still hasn't verified their payment method, they may not do so at all. Essentially, money is escrow can only ever be released to you if the payment method is verified. 

Have you discussed this with the client?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members