🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Confetti raining down the screen while giving...
Page options
petra_r
Community Member

Confetti raining down the screen while giving feedback?

Do I a) have some weird confetti virus or did Upwork b) REALLY program confetti floating down the screen while giving feedback?

If a) - HELP!

If b) - WHY?

19 REPLIES 19
m_sharman
Community Member

Maybe you were the one millionth person to offer feedback?
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Petra,

It's b) because why not celebrate work well done with a little bit confetti Robot wink

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Petra,

It's b) because why not celebrate work well done with a little bit confetti Robot wink

Will it stop after we shared a feedback on LinkedIn?

Hi Jennifer,

Are you referring to the confetti animation? It only shows on the pop-up that asks you whether you'd like to share feedback and will go away regardless of whether you share it or not. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Jennifer,

Are you referring to the confetti animation? It only shows on the pop-up that asks you whether you'd like to share feedback and will go away regardless of whether you share it or not. 

I am asking because I have with with every contract I completed in the past 4 weeks. Will the confetti animation be continued forever or is it just temporary?

Valeria,
Today I had another one of those popups to share on Linkedin.
1- Why not give the option to share later?
2- When the popup appears, I don't know what feedback the client has given. I do not understand that it is intended that we share something blindly.

Or I have not understood how it works?
It is the second one I have, and in none I saw the customer feedback.

Maria,

1) we are very close to having this option. It's currently in the works and should be released soon. Stay tuned!

2) both star rating and feedback comment should show on that pop up. Here is the screenshot below (sorry, it's a bit blurry.) I'll also double-check with the team if there is any reason you aren't seeing the feedback comment.

Screenshot_5.png

~ Valeria
Upwork

Does the confetti include private feedback? 

HI Nichola,

This feature only allows freelancers to share public feedback they get from clients with their network on LinkedIn.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

HI Nichola,

This feature only allows freelancers to share public feedback they get from clients with their network on LinkedIn.

Wonderful! This is as open to abuse as it was before JSS was invented. A client will promise, or a freelancer will beg, for a five-star feedback on a $5.00 contract  that (when given) will be proudly displayed on LinkedIn, and  will also get a shower of confetti on Upwork and the freelancer will believe that  everything is set to go  when the private feedback could be something else.

This has to be one of the most cynical marketing moves that has ever been put forward.  

Nichola L wrote:

Valeria K wrote:

HI Nichola,

Wonderful! This is as open to abuse as it was before JSS was invented. A client will promise, or a freelancer will beg, for a five-star feedback on a $5.00 contract  that (when given) will be proudly displayed on LinkedIn, and  will also get a shower of confetti on Upwork and the freelancer will believe that  everything is set to go  when the private feedback could be something else.

This has to be one of the most cynical marketing moves that has ever been put forward.  

I would never share a five dollar job on LinkedIn. In fact, I would never share any feedback on LinkedIn in this manner. For myself, I'm not seeing the benefit to anyone but Upwork. I've requested recommendations on LinkedIn from a few of my Upwork clients. That's more in line with how the platform is designed and how I want to position myself professionally.

Could we please also have the sound of champagne corks popping, and a brass band playing "For s/he's a jolly good fellow"?

Valeria K wrote:

Maria,

1) we are very close to having this option. It's currently in the works and should be released soon. Stay tuned!

2) both star rating and feedback comment should show on that pop up. Here is the screenshot below (sorry, it's a bit blurry.) I'll also double-check with the team if there is any reason you aren't seeing the feedback comment.

Screenshot_5.png

Thanks Valeria but don't bother, it's because she hasn't left feedback 🙂

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Petra,

OMG - Valeria tell me that Upwork is  not serious - please!

jr-translation
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Do I a) have some weird confetti virus or did Upwork b) REALLY program confetti floating down the screen while giving feedback?

If a) - HELP!

If b) - WHY?

I am having it for several weeks now. I just hope it stays on the screen and does not spead all over the place.

mtngigi
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

If a) - HELP!

If b) - WHY?

Petra,

I got this on my last job. Confetti got all over and under my keyboard. A can of compressed air took care of it ... try it.   Smiley Wink

Upwork, I'd rather have a water bottle, thanks in advance.

a_tanasiichuk
Community Member

I was delighted with these confetti and the kind words of my customers. This was the best Upwork update ever! But this confetti somehow disappeared. Is there any way I can get them back? I NEED THEM!!!

Why do you need this? Isn't your clients' satisfaction enough? If not, you could just buy some confetti and throw it in the air every time you complete a job, but I think that having to clean it up wouldn't be worth the trouble.

Hi Artur,

We certainly understand how you want this feature to be added back to the platform although it's been a few years since it's been discussed here in the Community. Your feedback/suggestions really mean a lot to us here and I'll make sure to pass this over to the appropriate team for further review. We'll continue sharing your feedback with the team and providing updates to the Community about the team's initiatives regarding this feature.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members