cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confidential Information? Credit Cards-Paypal Etc.

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
11 of 17

I thought I saw the "get paid" link, but what would that do...just pay the freelancer whose account it was...or would it....

Does Upwork have to be PCI compliant? I venture to say, yes. Is Upwork PCI compliant? I have asked the Mods / Managers about this before, but I never saw a reply. There seems to be some topics that always get ignored for some reason...

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
12 of 17

I'm interested in knowing it myself, Ron. Since they do so many transactions, I would think they have to be. But, I've never seen what happens when someone isn't other than the site gets hacked and CCs get out and there are angry customers.

Technically, Target was PCI compliant and that didn't save them.

Great time for me to link a current customer to my Upwork profile. :-\

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
13 of 17

"Great time for me to link a current customer to my Upwork profile."

I had some guy I've never heard of pop up in my messages and start calling me Jennifer. Was that for you?

I think he was kind of put off by the beard.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Guru
Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
14 of 17

@fergus M wrote:

"Great time for me to link a current customer to my Upwork profile."

I had some guy I've never heard of pop up in my messages and start calling me Jennifer. Was that for you?

I think he was kind of put off by the beard.

Hey, women can grow beards lol.

Ok, I better get off this board before I turn this thread into a "joke". Smiley Tongue

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
15 of 17

We're aware of this issue and the root cause has been resolved. We're gathering more information and will share an update shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Untitled
Community Guru
Cathleen C Member Since: Aug 17, 2015
16 of 17

Even if there is an official statement made saying no confidential information was at risk, would you believe them, given the state of the whole site? I sure wouldn't.

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
17 of 17

"the root cause has been resolved"

No it hasn't. People are still saying on Facebook that they're logging in and finding themselves in someone else's profile. There are also screenshots showing that they are logged in as the other person, not just seeing their profile.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS