Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about a milestone.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Delwar H Member Since: Jan 30, 2015
1 of 5

I have been hired for a small gig . Client funded the milestone with partial payment of what we agreed beforehand . 

MileStone.png

What does the second part / milestone mean ?  Do i need to do anything for the second milestone to be released ? 

Thanks . 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 5

If you have completed the project, I would only send a proportion  of the finished work (in relation to the $5) to the client, and promise to send the rest when the full amount has been funded on the second milestone.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Delwar H Member Since: Jan 30, 2015
3 of 5

@Nichola L wrote:

If you have completed the project, I would only send a proportion  of the finished work (in relation to the $5) to the client, and promise to send the rest when the full amount has been funded on the second milestone.

What does the second part mean (2) . Will it be released automatically , goes a reminder to the client on specified date or what ?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 5

@Delwar H wrote:

@Nichola L wrote:

What does the second part mean (2) . Will it be released automatically , goes a reminder to the client on specified date or what ?

Nothing will happen, as it has not been funded. The client has to FUND it, then you do the work, then submit it and the client releases the payment to you (or requests changes)

Without the milestone being funded you should not work on it and not submit any work related to it to the client (as Nichola told you in other words)

It can't be released as it's not been funded, so means absolutely nothing.

Also the first milestone has not been approved yet either...........................

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
5 of 5

Hi Delwar,

"What does the second part mean (2)"

That is a second Milestone which your client created on your contract. You need to communicate with your client and ask about the purpose and the set date for the second Milestone, if this wasn't discussed before you accepted the job.

The second Milestone is not funded yet, so follow Nichola's advice in case you haven't submitted the finished work as part of the first Milestone.

View solution in original post

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS