🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Confused on the double hit of service fees.
Page options
jaeals
Community Member

Confused on the double hit of service fees.

I understand there is a service fee for each scheduled payment. I do not understand why I am being hit a second time on my overall earnings. For example, scheduled deposit 1. Service payment deducted. Scheduled deposit 2. Service payment deducted. Both payments are now pending for me to release it to my bank account. Service payment 3. is of my overall pending transfer and not my pending earnings for that week so its like there is two service payment on the same pending income. Why is this?

1 REPLY 1
ArjayM

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked your account and can confirm that a 20% freelancer service fee was applied to your previous earnings. Please note that as a freelancer, you’ll pay a sliding freelancer service fee based on your total lifetime billings with a client for earnings prior to May 3, 2023. We count all your contracts with a client –– whether hourly, fixed-price, or a Project Catalog project. (There are a few exceptions, see here). 

Additionally, your earnings will show as pending on your Transaction History while payments are in the review and security periods. The date that the funds will be available for withdrawal is shown in the Date column on the left-hand side of the report.

We highly suggest you check this help article for more details and for you to be more acquainted with the upcoming updates regarding Upwork Service Fees.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members