🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Confusion regarding Freelancer Plus membe...
Page options
shantanu192
Community Member

Confusion regarding Freelancer Plus membership renewal

Hi,

My Freelancer Plus membership is going to expire on 29th Aug. Will upwork auto deduct money from my balance in Upwork to renew it? Or will it ask my permission? I have sufficient fund in Upwork account and no billing method added as of now.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Shantanu

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Shantanu J wrote:

Can you also please tell me how do I stop Upwork from doing so?

Simply change your membership to "Free" before the date when the renewal happens.

That way you are on the Plus plan until the renewal day, then it downgrades automatically to the free plan.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Shantanu J wrote:

My Freelancer Plus membership is going to expire on 29th Aug. Will upwork auto deduct money from my balance in Upwork to renew it?

Yes 🙂

Thanks Petra for the reply.

Thanks in advance.

Shantanu J wrote:

Simply change your membership to "Free" before the date when the renewal happens.

That way you are on the Plus plan until the renewal day, then it downgrades automatically to the free plan.

Hi Shantanu,

You can downgrade to the free membership plan anytime. To do that, please go to Settings › Memberships & Connects and click the View or Edit Membership Plan. There you can click on the Switch to Basic button on the Basic plan.

~ Bojan
Upwork
istiakahammed_13
Community Member

I can't downgrade my plus memebership to free. Is there any other proccedure to do it?

istiakahammed_13_0-1650578566989.png

Hi Istiak,

I've shared your concern about downgrading your membership. One of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members