🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Connect meaning
Page options
namasteshwetank
Community Member

Connect meaning

Hi Guys.
I am new to Upwork. I am trying to send proposals but the system says I need 6 connects to send proposals.
What does this means?
Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
a_lipsey
Community Member

You have to purchase connects from Upwork to submit proposals. When you joined you got maybe 20 for free from Upwork. But after you use those you either have to purchase them in bundles or get a Freelancer Plus account, which renews about 70 a month to your account.

I didn't use the 20. I used only 2 🙂

Shwetank Rao T wrote:

Then you still have 18 left. 

Martina P wrote:

Shwetank Rao T wrote:

That's the thing about math...

Amanda L wrote:

Martina P wrote:

Shwetank Rao T wrote:

That's the thing about math...

It seemed the right time to point out the obvious. 

Shwetank Rao T wrote:

When you go to submit a proposal it should say how many connects it cost and how many you have left. Is it just telling you that you need 6 connects or is it blocking you from submitting the proposal? If the submit proposal button is greyed out then you do not have enough connects. If it's green and you can submit, then it will deduct the 6 from your balance (presumably of 18) and you will have 12 connects remaining after submitting that proposal. 

Thank you all. I sorted it out when I logged in from laptop. The app was confusing.
Lets close this topic now and love to you all.
Regards

Shwetank Rao T wrote:
Thank you all. I sorted it out when I logged in from laptop. The app was confusing.
Lets close this topic now and love to you all.
Regards

Good to hear. Agree the app leaves a lot to be desired. 

Hello, 

New user here as well, I have completed my account, it shows an Active status. And also shows I have 80 connects, however it will not let me send one proposal. Any help is appriciated.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cindy,

I checked and your account has been accepted, also the button for sending proposals is active. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths