🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connect
Page options
mirza_ariful
Community Member

Connect

Hi, some employers declined my bidding request, but I didn't get my connects replenished. Upwork used to replenish the connects when any job proposal was declined by the client.
When will I get my connects back ?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maura-rose
Community Member

Connects are returned in cases where the job is cancelled/closed by the client with no hires or when upwork closes the job post for any other reason.

Note that for jobs that expires you get no connect back.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
maura-rose
Community Member

Connects are returned in cases where the job is cancelled/closed by the client with no hires or when upwork closes the job post for any other reason.

Note that for jobs that expires you get no connect back.

Thanks for your answer. By the way, do you know which is the reason why connects are not returned when a job is expired? Which is the justification for that? Freelancers expend connects that at the end land in a job that they actually never had the chance to get. Makes no sense. 

Thank you

Ignacio A wrote:

Thanks for your answer. By the way, do you know which is the reason why connects are not returned when a job is expired? Which is the justification for that? Freelancers expend connects that at the end land in a job that they actually never had the chance to get. Makes no sense. 

Thank you

You're right, it makes no sense to spend connects on a job that you never had the chance to get. So Upwork hopes that by charging you money for connects, you'll think about whether you're actually qualified and whether you have a good chance of winning a project, and you don't just throw your connects away like freelancers used to do.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths