🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connecting via What's App?
Page options
f030dd83
Community Member

Connecting via What's App?

I am new to Upwork. Is it normal for a client to want to connect via What's App rather than messaging/hiring here on Upwork? They are asking for my full name and e-mail address but I have not been hired for the job yet.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Victoria F wrote:

I am new to Upwork. Is it normal for a client to want to connect via What's App rather than messaging/hiring here on Upwork? They are asking for my full name and e-mail address but I have not been hired for the job yet.

Scammer. Stop talking to them. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Victoria F wrote:

Scammer. Stop talking to them. 

Thank you so much for letting me know!

Victoria F wrote:

Thank you so much for letting me know!

Before continuing to submit proposals, it would be nice if you read the TOS carefully and read about possible scams in the forums.

I'm telling you for your sake.
Luck!

a_lipsey
Community Member

Victoria F wrote:

As others mentioned, this is a scam. Upwork TOS prohibits sharing contact information or communicating off platform until you have an Upwork contract in place. If a client asks to communicate off platform prior to having a contract in place, you can remind them that Upwork TOS does not allow it pre-contract, and if they balk, they are likely a scammer. Most reputable clients will be understanding that you want to follow the rules. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members