Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Connects not back yet after a job be closed

pradeephele
Pradeep H Moderator Member Since: Jan 11, 2021
131 of 186

Hello Anthony,

Yes, we return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service (https://www.upwork.com/legal).

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Untitled
nato-lagidze
Nato L Member Since: Mar 29, 2021
132 of 186

Hello,

Usually, when I got notifications that a job was closed, my connections were back. However, recently I received two or more notifications of this kind but connects aren't returned. I wonder whether Upwork changed the policies or something is wrong particularly with my account?

Thanks!

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
133 of 186

Hi Nato,

I would like to confirm that nothing has changed. Please note that Connects are refunded only when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
dd63c576
Community Leader
Saddam H Member Since: May 19, 2021
134 of 186

My 15 jobs are closed but only one job connects are returned back. What is the reason? 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
135 of 186

Saddam H wrote:

My 15 jobs are closed but only one job connects are returned back. What is the reason? 

You only get connects back if the client closes the job post proactively without hiring anyone, or if Upwork takes the job post down because it violates the terms of service. (In other words, rarely).

You do NOT get the connects back if a job post expires or the job post is closed when someone was hired.

djondinium
Community Manager
Aleksandar D Community Manager Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
136 of 186

Hi Saddam,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
sourabpramanik
Sourab P Member Since: May 30, 2021
137 of 186

Actually, earlier whenever any proposal I submitted is closed or has expired due to any reason I used to get the connects used in those proposals back but for last few proposals I haven't received any connects back even I got the same notification from upwork too that this proposal is closed or expired.

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
138 of 186

Hi Sourab,

We will return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Please check your Reports > Connects History to see any returned Connects.

~Andrea
Upwork
jinhduong
Dinh D Member Since: Feb 9, 2017
139 of 186

Hi Upwork friends,

Why my connect not came back yet after the job which I submitted the proposal is closed?

Thanks,

-Dinh.

michael_skaggs
Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
140 of 186

If I remember correctly, connects are only returned if the job expires without the client ever touching it. If they interview anyone at all, then you don't get those connects back, even if it later expires or they close it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS