jinhduong
Dinh D Member Since: Feb 9, 2017
131 of 168

Thanks Michael.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
132 of 168

Hi Dinh, 

Connects are returned only when the job without hire is cancelled either by the client or by Upwork team. If the job has automatically expired after 30 days of inactivity, connects are not returned. You can find more information here.

~ Avery
Upwork
jinhduong
Dinh D Member Since: Feb 9, 2017
133 of 168

Hi Avery,

Thank for your clarification.  Totally got it.

Dinh.

mintumondal65
Ace Contributor
Mintu M Member Since: Apr 1, 2021
134 of 168

Hi Upwork community,

I'm reaching you once again. I submitted proposal daily basis but I have seen that there are lots clients have posted job daily but they haven't hired anyone and after a month job is closed or archived. So, my question is that the proposal that I've submitted to the clients but they didn't hire anyone. Will I get my connect back for those clients who have not hired anyone yet but the job is closed after a month?

For  an example: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

The above link shows that the client posted a job as per his/her requirement and we submitted a proposal but the client didn't hire anyone as per dashboard shows that he/she took one interview but the job is closed. 

Will I get my connect back?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
135 of 168

Mintu M wrote:

Will I get my connect back for those clients who have not hired anyone yet but the job is closed after a month?

No.

You only get them back if the client proactively closes the job post without having hired anyone or Upwork closes it down because of a violation of the terms of service

mintumondal65
Ace Contributor
136 of 168

Thanks for your response @Petra.

If the job is closed without having hired anyone? 

petra_r
Community Guru
137 of 168

Mintu M wrote:

If the job is closed without having hired anyone? 

I've already answered that.

If a job post expires without a hire you do not get your connects back.

mintumondal65
Ace Contributor
138 of 168

I think this is not a solution, we invested money to buy connect for sending the proposal but after a month the job is expired without having hired anyone. I think those connect should return.

petra_r
Community Guru
139 of 168

Mintu M wrote:

I think this is not a solution. 

It is what it is.

Consider Connects as non-returnable tokens. If you send a letter and get no response, you don't get the stamp refunded, either. Just send the proposals and forget about the connects. They are your (small) cost of doing business.

burke_jn
Joseph B Member Since: Dec 19, 2019
140 of 168

I'm curious as to why Upwork allows jobs to remain open for more than 14 days (just an example I found this morning) without the poster having viewed them. For this particular job, the job notes also indicated that there was one person hired. The project was very simple (budgetted for $30). I could have completed it in 2 hours. If I were to have applied for the job this morning and spent 2 Connects, would I ever get them back?

It seems to me that there should be a time period before the job is automatically closed, or it is closed once the adequate number of hires are made. As a new comer to Upwork, I'm sure I have spent some money on jobs that were already complete. It seems akin to buying used, losing lottery tickets.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS