cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Refund for Expired Job

hoverlyn
Hoverlyn L Member Since: Aug 10, 2020
1 of 169

Why connects didn't refund when the job post is closed or expired? even the client did not hire anyone.

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2 of 169

Hi Hoverlyn,

When a client forgets to close a job post and doesn’t hire, it is frustrating for freelancers. We know this is an issue and we are actively looking at ways to solve it. Once we find a solution, we’ll be sure to announce it. Connects are refunded only when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
graphics_waqar
Waqar A Member Since: Jan 14, 2019
3 of 169

Hi i would like to know if the job was archived and they didn't hired anyone for the job. May our connects will be returned or connects are wasted ? kindly respond on this.
Provide your feedback on this

djondinium
4 of 169

Hi Waqar,

Connects are refunded only when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
design7788
Fozley R Member Since: Apr 6, 2020
5 of 169

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nishithbd
Roy Member Since: Dec 28, 2020
6 of 169

I am a new freelancer on Upwork. I have submitted 23 proposals. But I was being called for one job. Most of the other job doesn't call anyone for an interview that I have submitted a proposal. After one month the job is closed at the same time I lost my connects

djondinium
7 of 169

Hi Roy,

We know this is an issue and we are actively looking at ways to solve it. We already look for and remove job posts that violate our Terms of Service. But we understand, for example, that when a client forgets to close a job post and doesn’t hire it is frustrating for freelancers. Once we find a solution, we’ll be sure to announce it. Please note that if you see a job that is suspicious or inappropriate, please click "Flag as inappropriate" in the job post so we can review it.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
wasaymahmood
Wasay M Member Since: Aug 5, 2020
8 of 169

Hi,

I have many proposals archeived on which no one was hired and job was closed. But still my connects arent refunded. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 169

Wasay M wrote:

I have many proposals archeived on which no one was hired and job was closed. But still my connects arent refunded. 

They expired. As has been explained hundreds of times, connects are not refunded when job posts expire. That is how the system works. Simply assume that connects, once spent, are gone forever nd ever and will never come back. That is so much helthier than hovering over long dead job posts expecting something to happen.

wlyonsatl
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
10 of 169

Wasay M.,

Buying connects is part of the price we pay to have access to clients via Upwork. It's a source of income for Upwork that Upwork has recently reduced in some respects (after raising the cost of connects in the not-too-distant past).

And not having a cost for submitting each proposal would not be good for either most freelancers or most clients, as some clients would no doubt receive 100s of proposals on certain projects if there were no cost for connects. Overwhelming clients with proposals might lead some clients, especially new ones, to give up on Upwork - nobody wins in that scenario.

It would be interesting to know the percentage of proposals submitted by freelancers that actually lead to freelancers getting hired, the number of connects freelancers use per proposal, etc., etc., but those are not numbers we'll ever see. That information wouldn't have much meaning for any individual freelancer anyway, since the quality of cover letters and different skill sets, language skills, communication skills, etc. will make each freelancer's proposal success rate unique. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS