🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connects
Page options
hoverlyn
Community Member

Connects

Why connects didn't refund when the job post is closed or expired? even the client did not hire anyone.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

573 REPLIES 573

Upwork does close job posts that are idle for more than three months, but you won't get your connects back. If you need more connects, the only solution is to buy more.

Moderator Annie Jane B - 

Why is this so?🤔

Why cant we get back our connects once the job is closed and as a freelancer I didnt get the job?

5bb69977
Community Member

Well, Iam still new here and I am trying to learn hard and fast 😂

I don't understand how the Connects system works.

Why do I have to pay to get more connects?

It does not seem fair that a freelancer needs to spend money to use your platform when you already take commission on the earnings. I think I am missing something

#sudo255

I believe that Upwork gives freelancers a certain number of free connects, once per month. I think they give 60 free connects, once per month. That should allow you to put in approximately 20 or so proposals on projects every month. 

You can also purchase more connects if you run out. 

I personally like the idea of connects, because: 
1. From a freelancer perspective, it cuts out some competition. It ensures that a lot of people aren't bidding on the same job. 

2. It ensures that you pick out really good jobs that are perfect for you, and that you take the time to craft a good proposal. 

3. From a client perspective, it cuts down on a lot of terrible proposals from people not qualified to do the work. 

Purchasing new connects is not expensive, at about $0.15 per connect. I realize "expensive" is relative--what's expensive to me might not be the same for someone else in a different country. I feel like this is a fair price to pay for the opportunity to make significantly more money on a project. 

Hi Agape,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To add to what Christine said, freelancing is your business, and like any business owner, you have to make investments to sell your products or services. When business is conducted in person, you might take a prospective client to lunch, spend money on a special presentation, or travel to the client’s business or home to discuss the work. With these steps, you are not only marketing your services, you are also showing potential clients that you are serious about your business and invested in building a working relationship with them. Connects are an investment toward your freelance career.

You can cehck this article to learn more.

~ AJ
Upwork
syedmominnaqvi
Community Member

Hi, I accidentally bought 40 connects twice. I didn't see any page where it said I've bought 40 connects so I clicked the button again and it charged me two times! I now have bought 80 connects. I just wanted 40. Please refund me for the extra 40 connects.

Hi Momin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
520aa961
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community

I'm new on Upwork if I finished my hourly job then can I get free 10 connects?  

Hi Harun, you receive ten free Connects every month at the beginning of your billing cycle and bonuses for some interviews you win. We will send you a notification in Upwork (notification bell) and an email when you earn free Connects. For more information on how this works, check out our guide here.

~Andrea
Upwork
208f9ed1
Community Member

Hi.

My Upwork connects are not increasing since last month. Is there any new policy related to Upwork Connect renewal?

If anyone guides me, I will be thankful.

Thanks.  

Saqlain

Hi Saqlain,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already received 10 monthly Connects on Dec 6th. Check out the Connect History page for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for guidance.

Saqlain.

Saqlain
f9ce489b
Community Member

I'm wondering why we need connects to apply for jobs. It can be very frustrating, especially since they are often limited and it seems like potential clients don't take an interest in new freelancers.

Hey Chituru, in my opinion it's for Upwork revenue, limits freelancer spam due to the cost, and in some cases allows the best freelancers to apply for the top 3 positions (my favorite). Happy New Year!

Tnx Williams,

I feel that connects should be unlimited for newbies because it can be tough to compete with the limited number of 40 connects per month when you have no revenues or positive ratings. Even when I offer to work free of charge on small jobs, it doesn't seem to catch the attention of potential clients, as they often don't even bother to open my proposals. 

Hi Chituru,

Thank you for your message. I understand your concern. In the past, clients frequently had too many spam or unrelated proposals submitted to their job posts so we took steps to cut back on that by limiting “free” Connects. We are still offering 10 free Connects every month to help you get started. You can also purchase Connects from this page.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ian55home
Community Member

Refresh Monthly Free Connects has not been received yet.

Hi, I would like to contact support since I have checked my connect history it seems I did not get my refresh connects yet and even for last month and this month. (so 2 months)

may I please get a resolution for my concern? Much appreciated for a response in advance. Thanks!

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that the monthly Connects are already connected for this month and the last month as well. Check your Connect History page for more information. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you it has been added today now for this month and for last month probably did not notice anyways thanks!

e31d507e
Community Member

I need free Connects for sending proposal

Hi Sahal,

Thank you for your message. Currently, we do not have any offer or promo code that will offer free Connects. You can 10 free Connects every month at the start of your monthly billing cycle. You can check your monthly cycle here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Tomorrow My Billing cycle will be complete
Can you check if my profile that is optimized/not?

It is my Profile link 
Thanks, Pradeep

ab171386
Community Member

You can go to HELP and search. Just by writing "connects" you will find what is necessary.
Easy, right?

bcadc091
Community Member

hello team,
Can you take any steps to archive a proposal after 7-10 days and return the spended connects?
I do not know how much more to spend!

bcadc091_0-1673504507894.png

Hi Imran,

Thanks for reaching out. Submitting a proposal has a financial cost, just like the other expenses you incur as a freelancer running your own business. If a client never hires but doesn’t close the job, your Connects are not returned. In this situation, we continue to encourage the client to hire or close the job, but ask that you consider the cost of Connects as part of your business expenses.

Thank you,

Upwork
47f6b45e
Community Member

Good Morning,

I am a Freelancer that is new to Upwork.

I cannot apply for any new jobs if I do not purchase new connects. 

How can I purchase new connects if I have not even landed a job?

I have already asked the Upwork support and they are not helpful at all.

Please urgently assist.

Regards,

Dashentha

Hi Dashentha,

Thank you for your message. You receive ten free Connects every month at the beginning of your billing cycle and bonuses for some interviews you win. We will send you a notification in Upwork (notification bell) and an email when you earn free Connects. For more information on how this works, check out our guide here. Additionally, you can add a billing method to purchase Connects on Upwork.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
6f2dc9aa
Community Member

I have stopped receiving monthly connects for while. What could be the reason apart form timezone?

mr1996
Community Member

Go to support and create a ticket and describe your problem.

6f2dc9aa
Community Member

Okay, thank you!

Hi Victoria,

Free monthly Connects are credited to your account in accordance with your membership billing cycle. In your case, your membership renews by tomorrow, which means that's when you'll see the Connects credited to your account. You can check this by going to Settings > Membership & Connects

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I have not been receiving my monthly connects since March. Thus, haven’t received monthly connects for 10 months. Kindly let me know how I can receive my connects as per the policy - as for this case - covering 10 months which is a total of 100. As per the policy I should have received those monthly. After logging in checking on Upwork monthly, I have noticed no connects received for March to Dec. and no email for the same too each month like it used to be up till last year.
Look forward to a speedy resolution.

Hi Preeti,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, thanks. Hope this issue is resolved fast.

I have noticed that I don't get my free connects monthly anymore. As I was reading the thread of discussion, you mean to say if my membership is FREE I won't get any free  connects ????

Hi Marie Antoinette,

Freelancer Basic accounts receive 10 free Connects each month, you can check your Connects History to confirm.

~Andrea
Upwork
samiullah437
Community Member

I have 21 connects in my regular Upwork account. I want to get Upwork plus membership. Would my 21 connects will be added in membership or will expire after new membership?

Hi Sami,

Thanks for reaching out. Whenever you upgrade your membership, you will still keep any unused Connects on your account. You can check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

Hello Sir.

I got 10 connects per month through your membership, I have not received a connect this month, may I know the reason.

Please sir tell me.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members