Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Refund for Expired Job

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
161 of 186

Hi Ahsan,

We return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service

~ Joanne
Upwork
arzookulsum
Kulsum A Member Since: Sep 7, 2020
162 of 186

Exactly, that's completely unfair if they don't give connects back when the client does not accept our proposal.

e2c577c3
Fad D Member Since: Sep 12, 2020
163 of 186

yes, you will get your connects after the job is completed 

a_lipsey
Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
164 of 186

Fad D wrote:

yes, you will get your connects after the job is completed 

No, you do not get connects back after a job is completed. You only get connects back if Upwork closes a job due to a TOS violation or if the client closes it without hiring. 

ah298
Ahsan A Member Since: Jun 27, 2020
165 of 186
thanks to gide me

nabila_pervaiz
Ace Contributor
Nabila Pervaiz B Member Since: Mar 23, 2021
166 of 186

Will I get my connects back?
Because recently, one of my proposals was archived, and the client hires no one.

djondinium
Community Manager
Aleksandar D Community Manager Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
167 of 186

Hi Nabila,

Connects are refunded only when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. As the job post in question expired, Connects are not refunded.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
168 of 186

Joseph B wrote:

I'm curious as to why Upwork allows jobs to remain open for more than 14 days (just an example I found this morning) without the poster having viewed them. For this particular job, the job notes also indicated that there was one person hired. The project was very simple (budgetted for $30). I could have completed it in 2 hours. If I were to have applied for the job this morning and spent 2 Connects, would I ever get them back?

It seems to me that there should be a time period before the job is automatically closed, or it is closed once the adequate number of hires are made. As a new comer to Upwork, I'm sure I have spent some money on jobs that were already complete. It seems akin to buying used, losing lottery tickets.

No, you have not spent money on complete jobs.

If somebody is hired on a job, you will see that in the lower part of the job posting. It would be unwise to apply to that job unless the client seeks to hire more than 1 person. Some clients leave the job posting open at this point, others close it, which makes it disappear from the open jobs list. Some clients never hire and abandon their posting, meaning that upwork will close it after 30 days of inactivity. 

marusagalic
Marusa G Member Since: Nov 23, 2020
169 of 186

Hi Upwork team,

please kindly consider returning Connects back to freelancers if a job posting expires. It's not fault on the freelancer part that a client has advertised a job, not hired anybody and the job expired. Why would you charge freelancers for this?

Many thanks

majidadab
Majid A Member Since: Jul 4, 2021
170 of 186

Hello everyone

I think Upwork should return our connects when clients do not hire anyone for their job posting.

in the current situation Upwork just return connect when clients close their job themselves.

It is not fair because for newly-joined freelancers hiring in the first job is difficult and we face a great number of job posting which are not followed anymore by their clients and not closing.

and as we know this "fake job postings"  is very common in small clients who are the main clients for new freelancers. so they lost most of their connects for nothing. it is about more than 70 percent of proposals in the beginning.

Upwork should encourage newly-joined freelancers with revising the procedure of returning the connect in the begining.

Thanks

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS