🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connects
Page options
hoverlyn
Community Member

Connects

Why connects didn't refund when the job post is closed or expired? even the client did not hire anyone.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

573 REPLIES 573

Hi Anukul,

The free monthly Connects are credited within 24-48 hours from the start of the new billing cycle. You can check the billing cycle start date at the bottom of this page. Please refer to the Connect History page to check the Connect balance. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Connets are automatically issued every start of the month.

Hi Bazil,

Just to clarify, it's not every start of the month but it depends on the freelancer's billing cycles, so it is different for everybody.

~ AJ
Upwork
357e7f69
Community Member

Dear All,

I belong to Pakistan, am currently unemployed, am interested in learning new skills. There are quite a few institutions in my city that tutor the topics relevant to Upwork; however, nobody will offer it free on a charity basis. Every one is in the midst of rat race. Again and again, I'm advised to buy new connects. Whenever, I bring such a matter to the forum, I don't get a DESIRABLE response. 

That simply conveys the message that folks like myself should not become a part of Upwork community, which is full of well-off people yet nobody helps me. Should I quit?

Regards

Farida J.

PS=Rather than providing me free of cost connects you people keep giving me stereotyped messages. Every body asks for a Native English speaker. The solution is simple, just make an announcement,"Down and Out "persons should KEEP AWAY FROM UPWORK.

c896c815
Community Member

HELLO,

how can I get an order without connect?

You can share your gigs or profile to different social platforms
they can hire you directly, this is the only way.

Hi Ifeoluwa,

Thank you for your message. You get 10 free Connects every month at the start of your monthly billing cycle. You can check the start date of your monthly billing cycle here. You can also purchase additional Connects by clicking 'Buy Connects' on the same page. Connects cost $0.15 (USD) each and are sold in bundles or a custom amount of your choice. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
a533ee11
Community Member

Hello, would like to ask about connects for proposals that are archived. Or withdrawn by Upwork automatically, jobs closed for submitted proposals are connects refunded?

Hi Maria,

In regards to Connects used in closed job proposals, I would like to clarify that Connects are not refunded when a job post expires or is withdrawn by Upwork automatically. Connects will only be returned in the following cases:

• If a client cancels a project before a contract is established.
  • If a job post is removed due to a violation of Upwork's terms of service.

However, it's worth noting that as a Freelancer Basic member, you will receive 10 free Connects. You can view these by going to Settings > Membership & Connects and clicking on "View Connects History". Here, you can also filter that.

Best regards,

Mohammad Khalid Ibrahimi

2fc79781
Community Member

Hello ı used all my free connects. Now I need more. Is there any way to win free connects on Upwork?

Hi Murat,

Thank you for reaching out to us. While we can’t share all the details of when Connects are given out (we don’t want dishonest people to “game” the system), here’s what we can share:

• You’ll receive 40 free Connects when you register for Upwork for the first time
  • You’ll receive 30 free Connects if you earn a Rising Talent badge
  • You’ll receive free Connects (the number can vary) when you win an interview with an established client on Upwork. (To prevent gaming, we aren’t sharing all the details of what we consider “established.” In general, it’s a client who has hired and spent on Upwork in the past.)
  • You’ll get a one-time Connects bonus if you complete an Upwork Skill Certification

~ AJ
Upwork
3fa06ed1
Community Member

Hi there, 

Here is I have a concern...

Before that... please pay very close attention on the background story.

I joined the Upwork in last quarter of 2021 and upload my offers in the Amazon fba whole and Pl niches.

But something happened, i had to get busy with my direct clients and diverted my attention.

So, now in 2023 i have a plan to thrive on Upwork but i have received two warning emails which bothered me a lot.

Where i found that i will have to use my connects before 5feb.

So, here is my concern...

If i start sending proposals before 5feb and using some of my connects, will my rest the connects will be reserved or expired?

Hi Rizwan,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths