cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Refund for Expired Job

javiyamahesh
Mahesh J Member Since: May 5, 2015
121 of 177

My profile is active, don't consider by just viewing last date of work history.

There is a milestone system on inprogress work.

Yeh there is no new project because of bid policy on project. Freelancer force to keep going on exsisting project otherwise they charge 20%.

Thanks for aware me.

jaycrutcher
Ace Contributor
Jarrad C Member Since: Apr 27, 2019
122 of 177

Mahesh J wrote:

My profile is active, don't consider by just viewing last date of work history.

There is a milestone system on inprogress work.

Yeh there is no new project because of bid policy on project. Freelancer force to keep going on exsisting project otherwise they charge 20%.

Thanks for aware me.

You're refusing to use the free connects they give you to bid on new projects? Or are you just not getting new jobs when you do bid? Are you not using any of your earnings to buy more connects when you need them?

javiyamahesh
123 of 177

Only 10 connect, able to apply on mostly 1 or 2 job each month, purchased 4 time connect for job bid. 90% of bid archived. we ready to pay for connect, but connect must gone on genuine post not on expired job.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
124 of 177

Mahesh J wrote:
 I can't pay more to Upwork already from earning 30 - 40% going as fee. 

How do you pay 30 to 40%?

javiyamahesh
125 of 177

Freelancer is paying 20%, 10%, 5% fee plus paying for membership, paying for connects. avg will be near about that. Not only i am here saying this please see above post many people complaint and given feedback about paying for connect which applied on expire job, on this platform i am working many years and i know where upwork charge fees very well.

alejandrocrespo
Ace Contributor
Alejandro C Member Since: Jan 4, 2021
126 of 177

Imho not giving connects back for expired job posts is literally to slowly force freelancers to buy connects and build a business model..... 

There is no difference between a job being closed due to expiration or due the client closing it manually.  In both cases the connects of all freelancers were completely wasted.

28f49a05
Anthony A Member Since: May 2, 2021
127 of 177

It would be wonderful if freelancers who report instances of attempted cheating were refunded the Connects needed to acquire the contract. This would have two strong benefits:

1) The freelancer would no longer be disincentivized from reporting the cheating since no Connects would be lost in the process. 

2) Many, many more instances of this cheating would be caught, increasing the reputation of Upwork and its clients. It is so easy to make an ambiguous job post that bypasses whatever moderation Upwork currently has, only for the revealing files/attachments to be shared directly after the contract has started.

pradeephele
Pradeep H Moderator Member Since: Jan 11, 2021
128 of 177

Hello Anthony,

Yes, we return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service (https://www.upwork.com/legal).

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Untitled
nato-lagidze
Nato L Member Since: Mar 29, 2021
129 of 177

Hello,

Usually, when I got notifications that a job was closed, my connections were back. However, recently I received two or more notifications of this kind but connects aren't returned. I wonder whether Upwork changed the policies or something is wrong particularly with my account?

Thanks!

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
130 of 177

Hi Nato,

I would like to confirm that nothing has changed. Please note that Connects are refunded only when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS