Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Refund for Expired Job

majidadab
Majid A Member Since: Jul 4, 2021
161 of 169

Hello everyone

I think Upwork should return our connects when clients do not hire anyone for their job posting.

in the current situation Upwork just return connect when clients close their job themselves.

It is not fair because for newly-joined freelancers hiring in the first job is difficult and we face a great number of job posting which are not followed anymore by their clients and not closing.

and as we know this "fake job postings"  is very common in small clients who are the main clients for new freelancers. so they lost most of their connects for nothing. it is about more than 70 percent of proposals in the beginning.

Upwork should encourage newly-joined freelancers with revising the procedure of returning the connect in the begining.

Thanks

razu55_wpexpert
Razu A Member Since: May 4, 2021
162 of 169

Yes,,, I'm agree with you... I'm also new here in this marketplace.

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
163 of 169

Hi Majid and Razu,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that we return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. You can find more information here.

~ Nikola

Untitled
fengguochuan
Feng G Member Since: Jun 7, 2021
164 of 169

Since I am a newer, these connects were improtant for me. The clients did not hire anyone, I spend 10 more conncets on these projects, which are wasteful. 

moonraker
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
165 of 169

Connects allow you to send proposals for a job - and that's exactly what you've been allowed to do with them.  

If you want to apply for more jobs then you can buy more connects if you've run out. 

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
166 of 169

Hi Feng,

Connects are only refunded when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. If the job post expires, you won't get the Connects back.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
shahariar-75
Md Galeb M Member Since: Jul 18, 2021
167 of 169

Thank you so much for the information. It will be good for every freelancers if we get a solution of this problem

8e0d4752
Subrata B Member Since: Aug 1, 2020
168 of 169

When Clients don't hire anyone in a job then its purely the wastage of our connects (money). Why don't Upwork returns our connects when there is no hiring in a job !! Why we'll pay for the jobs when there is no hiring ?

luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
169 of 169

Hi Subrata,

I'm very sorry to hear you feel this way. Connects are only returned if a project is canceled by the client without making a hire or if a job post has been removed due to a TOS violation. You may check this help article to learn more. 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS