🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connects Refund
Page options
shweta008
Community Member

Connects Refund

Is it possible that when the clients don't hire any freelancer for the job the connects should get refunded? I see there are many clients having not very good award ratio which leads to wasting the connects.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Shweta,

If the client has hired someone on the job and the job is closed connects won't be refunded. 

Could you please clarify if you would like to read about our connects and fees in our TOS or something else? If it's regarding membership and connects you can refer to point 5.2 MEMBERSHIP FEES AND CONNECTS under our User Agreement

Regarding your second question, please go to your Archived proposals to view more details about jobs that you have sent proposals to. If you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sheriatwood
Community Member

I completely agree! We pay for the connects to apply and they don't end up hiring everyone yet we still have to pay. We should get reimbursed if someone is not hired.

Hi Shweta and Sherilyn,

I would like to confirm that Connects are refunded when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

This doesn't seems to be happening. I think due to some updated feature upwork has now notifying that the job is being closed but it doesn't seem that the connect is being refunded. Could you please let me know under which topic should I refer to this? https://www.upwork.com/legal

Also, is there any way where I can see which job is being closed as currently there is no way from the notification I can view the closed job? Please suggest.

Hi Shweta,

If the client has hired someone on the job and the job is closed connects won't be refunded. 

Could you please clarify if you would like to read about our connects and fees in our TOS or something else? If it's regarding membership and connects you can refer to point 5.2 MEMBERSHIP FEES AND CONNECTS under our User Agreement

Regarding your second question, please go to your Archived proposals to view more details about jobs that you have sent proposals to. If you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members