cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects Refunded?

Kelly S Member Since: Apr 25, 2017
1 of 10

I'm wondering if you submit a propsal and there's no response or hire over a month timeframe if you can somehow get your connects refunded?

Thanks for your input!

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 10

Not unless Upwork or the client cancel the job. Even then, unless you have Plus membership, the returned connects will expire at the end of the current billing cycle. Also, you didn't ask, but for the benefit of new freelancers reading this, connects are not returned if you withdraw a bid.

3 of 10

This is all nice and fine, but what to do when the connects that are supposed to go back to me for another job proposal, never do? And that doesn't change, even after a few days?

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
4 of 10

@Dejan P wrote:

This is all nice and fine, but what to do when the connects that are supposed to go back to me for another job proposal, never do? And that doesn't change, even after a few days?

What connects are supposed to go back to you?

Dejan P Member Since: Oct 11, 2018
5 of 10

In the last week, I have had multiple job postings that were reported as canceled, either due to expiration or cancelation by client himself/herself. Aren't those supposed to go back because neither a freelancer was hired nor did I withdraw a proposal?

Community Guru
6 of 10

@Dejan P wrote:

In the last week, I have had multiple job postings that were reported as canceled, either due to expiration or cancelation by client himself/herself. Aren't those supposed to go back because neither a freelancer was hired nor did I withdraw a proposal?

No, connects only get refunded when upwork cancels the job for some rule violation, no refund if the job is closed by upwork after 30 days of inactivity.

Actually don't know what happens if the client cancels a job himself without hire ...

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 10

Hi Dejan,

Connects will be returned to the freelancer only if the job posting they submitted a proposal for is cancelled by the client or by Upwork without forming a contract with any freelancer. Thank you.

Untitled
Dejan P Member Since: Oct 11, 2018
8 of 10

Goran V wrote:

Hi Dejan,

Connects will be returned to the freelancer only if the job posting they submitted a proposal for is cancelled by the client or by Upwork without forming a contract with any freelancer. Thank you.

I had multiple of those in the past week or two and I am yet to be reimbursed any connects, so I will ask AGAIN:

WHEN will those be refunded?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
9 of 10

Hi Dejan,

Please click on my name and send me a PM with the job posting links or names so that I can check this further, thank you.

Untitled
Community Guru
10 of 10

@Dejan P wrote:

@Goran V wrote:

Hi Dejan,

I had multiple of those in the past week or two and I am yet to be reimbursed any connects, so I will ask AGAIN:

WHEN will those be refunded?

How do you know they were cancelled by upwork and how do you know their criteria for doing so? I really want to know how you determine that, because I've had connects refunded for jobs that didn't appear fishy to me at all. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS