🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connects Refunded
Page options
bryan_wade
Community Member

Connects Refunded

Hello, a job that I proposed to was closed, yet I was not refunded my connects.  What can I do?

68 REPLIES 68

Job i applied for was taken down by upwork, my connects have not been returned.

Hi Subhendu,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, there!

I applied for a position that was just removed from your platform. Is it possible to refund the Connects spent for the proposal?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Justin,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
waqasali81
Community Member

I have both cases but not received my connects back to my account.

Hi Waqas, Brendon and Muhammad,

Please note that our team is aware of the issue affecting some of the recently removed jobs for TOS violation and is working to ensure Connects are refunded to all freelancers who submitted proposals for those jobs. Please note that we'll follow up on this thread once an update is implemented, at which time you should receive the Connects you used on the jobs you're referring to. Feel free to follow up with me via private messages and share the job post links and titles, so I could take a look and advise you directly. We apologize for the frustration and appreciate your patience and understanding.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
3cc74dd6
Community Member

A job I just submitted a proposal for was found to have not been in compliance with the terms of service. I have no received the refund of my connects, however. When can I expect this refund?

**Edited for community guidelines**

alisheikh301995
Community Member

Hello. I have some issues with my connects. I applied to some jobs and now these jobs are closed and archived but my connects are not refunded. Why it happened? I have checked connect hisstory but i have only 1 connect in my account. Can anybody help me please?

kldescombes
Community Member

I used up a large number of my connects on companies that turned out to only want to work off Upwork. When I suggested working instead through Upwork, contact was broken off. Is there anyway to get my connects restored, since I did the right thing and am wanting to do proposals for other jobs?

Kristina D wrote:

I used up a large number of my connects on companies that turned out to only want to work off Upwork. When I suggested working instead through Upwork, contact was broken off. Is there anyway to get my connects restored, since I did the right thing and am wanting to do proposals for other jobs?

Flag the job description once the job has been taken down your connects will be returned.
Screenshot_2020-04-20 My Job Feed.png

I would, but both times this has happened, the clients accounts have been deactivated before anyone responded to me here on the forum and I haven't been able to do that. So now what? I'm left with 1 connect because I used all of the ones I had up on these two job proposals and now can't apply for any jobs. Can't someone go look at the two that responded to me and give me my credits back. All they have to do is see the messages that went between me and each company.

Hi Kristina, 

I was able to identify the two jobs that were closed for a violation of the Upwork TOS, and the Connects used for these jobs were not returned to you. Please know that this is a known issue and the team is investigating this further.

In the meantime, a member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
e12ad5e0
Community Member

I have submitted proposals for three different Upwork Freelance opportunities and all three have been removed due to nonmcopliance with Upwork, however I did not get my proposal connects back?  Why is this?  

you will get back your connects soon as I have received back mine many times

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Heather,

I checked this for you and was able to located the jobs you're referring to. Please know that this is a known issue and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to further assist you with this concern. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
2867b874
Community Member

Hi, I submitted 3 proposals last week and did not get hired. I was to be refunded those connects and I have not been refunded. When could I expect them? What is the timeline to be refunded? I ask because I want to submit more proposals. Thanks!

Rosita A wrote:

Hi, I submitted 3 proposals last week and did not get hired. I was to be refunded those connects and I have not been refunded. When could I expect them? What is the timeline to be refunded? I ask because I want to submit more proposals. Thanks!

Connects are only refunded (and only on certain jobs) if nobody is hired, not just if you are not hired. It's impossible to keep recycling your connects indefinitely, so just buy some more if you want to send more proposals.

Christine A wrote:

Rosita A wrote:

Connects are only refunded (and only on certain jobs) if nobody is hired, not just if you are not hired. It's impossible to keep recycling your connects indefinitely, so just buy some more if you want to send more proposals.

Normally connects are refunded when the client him/herself cancels the job without hiring anybody, or if the client violates the ToS and Upwork delists the job. 

However, Upwork has introduced the shiny flashy blue button on some job offers that tells you you get your connects back if the client does not hire (which is not the same as the client cancelling). I have  applied to a couple of those jobs and although I don't really care one way or another, I have yet to see a hire made on those offers, or my connects returned.  

What I will do is share this email with you for better understanding. **edited for Community Guidelines**

HiUnfortunately, I was unable to share the direct email from Upwork to you.  However, I will try again.  After reading this email, please let me know when I can receive the email back. **edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rosita, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
0aa155ef
Community Member

Hi, I was sent 2 emails saying 2 of the job postings I sumbitted proposals to were taken down due to not being in compliance with terms of service. How can I get my connects back?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Morvarid, 

If the Connects don't get refunded within 24-48 hours, please come back here so that our team can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
704b6d1f
Community Member

Today i received email from upwork that a job i applied for has been cancelled by upwork due to term of conditions etc.

i noticed, i did not get back my connects against this job, also i never got back any job i applied for and client did not hire me as per job which says connects were refundable in case client does not hire.

can you please check what is wrong here and why i never get back connects.

Athar:

You are talking about two different things:

1) If a job posting is taken down because it violates Upwork ToS (such as if it is just a scam, not a real job) then freelancers who sent proposals to the job receive their connects back AUTOMATICALLY.

2) You are confused about this:

"I never got back any job I applied for and client did not hire me as per job which says connects were refundable in case client does not hire."

You correctly point out that some jobs have a note that says that connects will be refunded to freelancers if the client "does not hire" for that job. That does NOT mean you will receive connects back if you do not get hired.

Note the difference between these two statements:

a) Your connects will be refunded if the client does not hire you

b) Your connects will be refunded if the client does not hire anybody at all

The first statement (a) has never appeared on any Upwork job postings.

It sometimes takes a while for connects to be refunded. Connects used for jobs someone else got hired are not refunded.
bryan_wade
Community Member

Hello, I've had 2 jobs Closed because they didn't meet the Terms from Upwork but I have no mention of my connects being refunded. Is there any way I can get these back?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bryan,

I checked this for you and was able to locate the jobs you're referring to. Connects for one of those were refunded already, this you can check under your Connects History. One of our agents will reach out to you and assist with the connects for the another job post. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
70b84b47
Community Member

Same here

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths