Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Connects Roll Call

evetodew
Community Guru
Evelina H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
11 of 16

Hmm, considering the fact that logo designs are so popular, almost anyone can be a logo designer these days. Sometimes I have to compete with 40+ freelancers and my connects can deplete pretty quickly. And keep in mind that one logo isn't time-consuming, I can be done with it in a few days and then what?

So, if I didn't have a few long-term clients I'd be a hungry logo designer Smiley Very Happy Seriously! I'd love to have a bit more than 60 (meaning 30 applications). But anyway, I may just have to improve my proposals and beat everyone Cat Mad

My answer: So-So.

csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
12 of 16

In my case, the connects I receive are more than enough.

I'm in a glutted field (VA) and I am fairly selective when submitting proposals.  I always have about 40 connects left over at the end of the month.

lisawerk
Community Guru
Lisa W Member Since: Nov 14, 2015
13 of 16

Good, for me at least.

I have more than enough to get me through each month - I've only bid on 2 jobs this month and I doubt I'll have time to bid on any more, but my 56 connects are there if I need them.

I think the issue is less about what field we are in, and more about the type of work we do. For example, the majority of my contracts are ongoing. I've only had 1 short term job in the 3 months I've been here - everything else is either long-term or we're still negotiating potential long-term work.

Not everyone wants to deal with the same client long-term. Not everyone wants an hourly job that takes 20+ hours a week. Many people like to work short-term projects. So, as a writer who likes long-term jobs, the connects are more than enough. If I was a writer who liked to keep my contracts short and sweet, I doubt 30 proposals a month would keep me working the 40+ hours a week I'm working now.

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
14 of 16

Writer here.  60 connects is more than enough.

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
15 of 16

Admin Support/Customer Service.

Selective about what I apply to as well as I work elsewhere besides Upwork. I rarely use very many connects as I do long term hourly work. Connects are fne the way they are...

sivavranagaro
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
16 of 16

Bad.

I like the way how it was on oDesk.

Since I'm being pushed back in search results I don't get much invites.

And I spent connects for this month (on jobs that seemed promising).

Now I'm left with two options: 

1 - buy more connects,

2 - hope to get invitations