🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connects for visibility badge and proposal su...
Page options
8d039f3e
Community Member

Connects for visibility badge and proposal submission

Hi, i would like to know that i am currently on basic plan of connects that requires at least 7 connects to be visible . If I f i bid on projects with 2,4 or 6 connects and i am short  of connects to appear as visible, do my proposal submissions go in vain ? I mean , will my profile be visibe to the client and appearing "visible" / online to him/her?

3 REPLIES 3
a3d2536c
Community Member

also experiencing the same.

I think there's some confusion here. Egrid, your profile is currently set to private, so if you didn't do that yourself, Upwork must have set it to private - this happens if you haven't earned any money for awhile. You don't need any connects to fix this, all you have to do is ask Upwork to reset your visibility. Read more about it and use the link here to send a request to Upwork: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003975967-Profile-Changed-to-Private-

Affaf was asking about the "available now" badge, which requires connects in order to be turned on. But regardless of whether your profile is set to private or you don't have your badge turned on, clients can still see your proposals when you bid on projects.

m_terrazas
Community Member

Affaf S wrote:

Hi, i would like to know that i am currently on basic plan of connects that requires at least 7 connects to be visible . If I f i bid on projects with 2,4 or 6 connects and i am short  of connects to appear as visible, do my proposal submissions go in vain ? I mean , will my profile be visibe to the client and appearing "visible" / online to him/her?

Your profile is always visible unless you set it to private or Upwork does it for various reasons.
I assume you are referring to "Availability Badge". In it you are paying to say that you are "available NOW".
If you're new, I think spending connections on it is wasteful.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members