Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects - proposal withdrawal

Highlighted
Dalia G Member Since: Sep 22, 2017
1 of 13

Hello, 

I've noticed that this month I'm not getting back my connects for job proposals withdrawal. I don't get it. I don't mind spending connects and not getting the jobs. The problem is that most of the jobs I apply to don't get awarded (sometimes the client doesn't even interview anyone) and that is a real waste of connect. 

It's getting clearer and clearer for me that I won't be working on this site anymore. I simply can't and it's frustrating because I've finally built a good profile and references here. The fee and the dollar-eu conversion are making it impossible to get payed a living wage. I'm not even going to complain about how underpaid many of the jobs are (yes, I understand that every country has different wages). Now that I can't even have connects back for the jobs that are totally inactive seems to me like a last drop. 

The only thing that changed on my side is that I paid of premium membership (worst spent money ever). I wonder if it might be that but, it seems completely illogical. 

Anyone know about this?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 13

Hi Dalia,

Please note that connects are not returned when you withdraw your proposal. Connects are only returned when the job is cancelled by the client or Upwork team without a hire.

While some clients take time to hire on their jobs and often come back to review candidates weeks after they posted a job, postings with no activity for more than 30 days are automatically closed.

~Nina

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Liton S Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
3 of 13

That means if withdraw my proposal from account i cant got avaible connect again either client not cancel her post job or after 30 dyas automatically withdrawl propasal ....i think wait many days for avaible connect .

Thanks for your answering

Liton**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
David A Member Since: Feb 23, 2019
4 of 13

You guys should look into changing this. 30 days is a long time and many clients just let the job sit there. Around 90% don't come back with an update or a cancel.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
5 of 13

David A wrote:

You guys should look into changing this. 30 days is a long time 

It could be 3 days or 300, it wouldn't change anything. Connects are not returned. Unless Upwork, or the client, cancels the job for some reason. Otherwise, they are spent.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Vikas B Member Since: Mar 1, 2020
6 of 13

So now that my connects are lost just because I withdrew my proposals, are some of them supposed to come back with a monthly cycle ?

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
7 of 13

Hi Vikas,

Connects are returned when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service.

Please note that Basic Membership doesn't include free Connects. This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.
To learn more about acceptable billing methods for paying memberships please read this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Chetan T Member Since: Apr 14, 2020
8 of 13
I had withdrawn 2 proposals recently and my connects are gone. Do I have an option to again submit the same proposal with those connects?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
9 of 13

Chetan T wrote:
I had withdrawn 2 proposals recently and my connects are gone. Do I have an option to again submit the same proposal with those connects?

No, but you can submit the same proposal with new connects.

Highlighted
Kelsey A Member Since: Jun 1, 2020
10 of 13
Rip off, you already charge 20% commission.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS