🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Connects refund for jobs with no hires.
Page options
prasann-shah
Community Member

Connects refund for jobs with no hires.

Do we get the connects back when a client closes a job without hiring? If so, my connects aren't getting refunded for closed jobs with no hires.

15 REPLIES 15
oscaralende
Community Member

You only get the connects back when the jobs have been cancelled by Upwork or by the clients without hiring anyone.

Thanks for the reply, Oscar. I didn't get the connects refunded for jobs that were canceled by the client without hiring anybody.

Hi Prasann,

Feel free to send me an example via PM so that I can check it and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran,

PMed you the screenshot

im having the same situation. and i couldnt get anyone to help me. can you assist me on this as well?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dea Krizza,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your concern. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi. Thanks for asking. Upwork said that refund for connects is not done for
a) Projects for which someone is hired.
b) Projects which have expired (open for more than a month) even though no
one has been hired and that they are working on algorithms that notify
clients to close the job early if they are not planning to hire anybody. We
have a difficulty determining whether a job is closed or expired as our
connects history doesn't show the status of job (closed/expired). Hope
Upwork is working towards addressing this issue.

I suggest you contact Upwork help so that they look into the matter and
guide you accordingly.

hi,

i m new at Upwork,
i sumbited a proposal on "Refunded if client doesn't hire" type of job.
i was not hired. but i have not refunded my connects 
can u advise me ragarding this 
i shall be thankful to u.

hi prasann,
i also have not refunded conncets for the job type "Refunded if client doesn't hire ".
can u advise me what the seen behind.

Thanks.

Hi Muhammad,

I would like to clarify that if the client has hired someone else, you won't be receiving a refund for the connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thankx
Then in what circumstances my connects would be refunded, if upwork cancel
the job ?
Or any other reason.

Hi Muhammad,

Connects are refunded when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Muhammad,

Connects are refunded only if job is cancelled by client or Upwork (due to violation of terms) and not if client hires but you don't get the job or if the job expires. For some jobs, Upwork specifically mentions if the connects will be refunded in case jobs expire but that is in a few cases only. (See screenshot below). If you apply to such a job and the job expires without hiring, then you are eligible for a refund. If you don't get a refund in such a case, you can mail directly to Upwork with relevant screenshots and they will resolve the matter.

Hope that solves your query. 

image.png

Some clients post jobs and never hire. There should be a policy for refunding connects if that happens.

There is a policy for that. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths