🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Connects refund if no freelancer is hired...
Page options
millanche
Community Member

Connects refund if no freelancer is hired?

Why there is no connects refund if within some deadline, no freelancer is hired? Why only when job is closed? Clients don't care about closing the job, and lot's of jobs I applied are just "sitting there" with no freelancer hired.
10 REPLIES 10
lysis10
Community Member

Milan S wrote:
Why there is no connects refund if within some deadline, no freelancer is hired? Why only when job is closed? Clients don't care about closing the job, and lot's of jobs I applied are just "sitting there" with no freelancer hired.

because they are trying to reduce the number of bids and giving them back just gives losers a way to spam more

Losers? There are no winner, that is for sure. Everyone who applied the job that doesn't have freelancer hired lost connects just because client didn't respond, not because he/she is a spammer or bad at what he/she is doing, but because client is unreponsive. Wrong way of doing it. I can agree on paying connects in order to stop those who spam, but this... 

Milan S wrote:

Losers? There are no winner, that is for sure. Everyone who applied the job that doesn't have freelancer hired lost connects just because client didn't respond, not because he/she is a spammer or bad at what he/she is doing, but because client is unreponsive. Wrong way of doing it. I can agree on paying connects in order to stop those who spam, but this... 

You are like the 4 Billionith person to discover this and so it is very tiring...

It is the way it is, live with it or don't.  Maybe they will change because you posted here but, to Jennifer's point, if they gave BACK the connects to every client that gets chased off without hiring then it doesn't really do anything, does it?  It doesn't seem likely to me that they will make this change, but who knows.

Instead what I believe you should focus on is why YOU didn't get that job

Mark F wrote:

You are like the 4 Billionith person to discover this and so it is very tiring...

To be fair, this isn't the OP's fault. I don't understand why Upwork can't pin FAQs to the top of the forum.

Christine A wrote:

Mark F wrote:

To be fair, this isn't the OP's fault. I don't understand why Upwork can't pin FAQs to the top of the forum.

It's not mine either Smiley Happy

I could say something tired about how they could search but..I would be the 4 Trillionith person on the internet to say that and that would be tiring as well.

Milan S wrote:

well, if you didn't win then you lost, right?

how do you suppose paying for connects would ever make sense if you just gave them back to the losers. they should give them back to the winners.

Jennifer M wrote:

Milan S wrote:

well, if you didn't win then you lost, right?

how do you suppose paying for connects would ever make sense if you just gave them back to the losers. they should give them back to the winners.

Is it possible to get this reply pinned to the top of the FAQ's?

Milan S wrote:

No, they didn't lose their connects, they spent their connects. We have to spend money to make money. It's called 'freelancing' but that doesn't mean it's free to participate. (It means 'free lance' as in not belonging to the king. Since the king isn't providing your horse and sword and feeding you and telling you which battle to join in, you have to provision yourself and go find your own fights.)

Milan S wrote:

Did it ever occur to you that if the client had seen a great proposal, he/she would likely have responded?

sophwalker
Community Member

Hi Milan, I have just discovered this too. There's no fairness or logic behind it. I have also posted about my upset with this.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths