🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connects refund on jobs that close with no hi...
Page options
melanie_spencer
Community Member

Connects refund on jobs that close with no hire

Hello,

It seems I am not being refunded my connects used on jobs that closed
12 REPLIES 12
lysis10
Community Member

THey're only returned if Upwork kills the job for a tos violation.

okay, How will the freelancer know?

Melanie S wrote:
okay, How will the freelancer know?

You will see a refund in your connects history.

@Jennifer

Jobs that are closed by the client with NO HIRES are also supposed to be refunded, but they have not been for about a month. 

Heather H wrote:

@Jennifer

Jobs that are closed by the client with NO HIRES are also supposed to be refunded, but they have not been for about a month. 

No. In this respect, connects are only returned if the client cancels the job, not otherwise. This will not change with the new connects system:  https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-Connects/m-p/580451#M28029

You do realize that closing a job without hiring or interviewing anyone is the same as canceling a job correct? Of course, you do. Also, I said nothing about the new system, and my comment is based on what Upwork mods have stated several times all over the boards, but of course, you already know that too. 

- You do realize that closing a job without hiring or interviewing anyone is the same as canceling a job correct?

No, it isn't. A job closed to further bids can still be awarded to someone. The client can still initiate interviews with bidders. A cancelled job is just that - it won't and can't be awarded because it's no longer happening. 

Heather H wrote:

You do realize that closing a job without hiring or interviewing anyone is the same as canceling a job correct? Of course, you do. Also, I said nothing about the new system, and my comment is based on what Upwork mods have stated several times all over the boards, but of course, you already know that too. 

Perhaps you should try reading the link I sent you. And I very much doubt that the mods have stated this anywhere. You might not have said anything about the new system but the way connects are returned remain the same in the old and the new system. 

1) They are returned if the client has violated the ToS

2) They are returned if the client cancels the job. (They are not returned if the client does not reply to a proposal, or if the job is closed after a while by Upwork, or even if the client invites a freelancer and then does not hire that freelancer.) 

I do hope this is a bit clearer for you now.  

Do we get refund if the job gets closed without hiring me?

Rohan R wrote:
Do we get refund if the job gets closed without hiring me?

No.

No hire means not a single hire or not hiring me????

Rohan R wrote:
No hire means not a single hire or not hiring me????

It means "not anyone" and that applies only for those jobs with the blue flashing dot. You don't get the connects back if the client hires someone else under any circumstances.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths