🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connects refund
Page options
2454117d
Community Member

Connects refund

Hello,
I'm a new member of Upwork. I submitted almost all my connects when applying for job offers. I noticed that two of the jobs i submitted proposals to have become archived and they state " job is closed". However I still didn't get my connects back.

**Edited for community guidelines**

9 REPLIES 9
aawebster
Community Member

I'm new also. That's terrible. I didn't realize the website had freelance paying for Connects to search for jobs.   That's all it is 'searching'. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anas,

We return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of ServiceYou can find more information here.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
jr-translation
Community Member

Anas E wrote:

Hello,
I'm a new member of Upwork. I submitted almost all my connects when applying for job offers. I noticed that two of the jobs i submitted proposals to have become archived and they state " job is closed". However I still didn't get my connects back.

You only get the connects back if the client did not hire another freelancer. If another freelancer was hired, you will not receive them back.

Jennifer R wrote:

Anas E wrote:

Hello,

You only get the connects back if the client did not hire another freelancer. If another freelancer was hired, you will not receive them back.

That is not quite correct on the first one. You only get connects back if the client closes the job themselves without hiring a freelancer. If the client does not cancel and  simply disappears without hiring, or if the job expires, you do not get your connects back. 

"Returned Connects

Connects may be returned under the following circumstances:

• If a project is canceled by the client without making a hire, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned to you for reuse. This does not apply to expired job posts.
  • If a job post has been removed by Upwork for a Terms of Service violation, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned for you to reuse"

Nichola L wrote:

Jennifer R wrote:

Anas E wrote:

Hello,

That is not quite correct on the first one. You only get connects back if the client closes the job themselves without hiring a freelancer. If the client does not cancel and  simply disappears without hiring, or if the job expires, you do not get your connects back. 

"Returned Connects

Connects may be returned under the following circumstances:

• If a project is canceled by the client without making a hire, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned to you for reuse. This does not apply to expired job posts.
  • If a job post has been removed by Upwork for a Terms of Service violation, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned for you to reuse"

There has been an update last month.

Jennifer R wrote:

There has been an update last month.

That doesn't apply to every project; only if there's a flashing blue button on the job post. 

annab13
Community Member

The funniest thing about the connects is when a client posts a job but already has a freelancer in mind for the project. They rarely mention that in the post. So you end up spending 4-6 (or even more) connects on a job and don't even stand a chance.

Pretty lame.

dora747
Community Member

Anas E wrote:

Hello,

**Edited for community guidelines*MyGroundBiz

I completed my profile and received a code on my phone number. I wrote the code where it was written, but didn`t accept it(Notification disappear quickly, I saw red x and I thought my code was wrong), then website threw it to me on the main page.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Dora,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members