Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Connects roll over and I have lost 170 connects

Active Member
Ruslan R Member Since: Mar 14, 2019
1 of 41

Hello Support team,

I have purchased over 300 connects recently. It was July 8th to be more specific. 
And 2 days ago(July 15th), so it's only a week later, it was my connect monthly rollover period and I noticed that there is only 140 connects left on my account. 170 connects are removed.

 

What I was thinking as I was buying the connects was that those 300 connects would be available for a month. 

There is a reason for me to think that way. As there is no free connects these days, rollover day has no meaning. What I think is reasonable is that the connects purchased should be remained until next month, maybe 30 days from the moment of purchase. Isn't it?

 

If it's not, the truth is rollover day is nothing but a day when the system takes out the connects that we have bought. I have spent almost $50 for those connects after all and more than half is gone? Does this make sense?

 

Can anyone please take a look at this problem and help me out?

Upwork community is where the freelancers' problems are solved
Hope some community members can raise this issue to the customer support and let them take action, rather positive one please.

Looking forward the problem to be solved!!

Thanks

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 41

I think it says somewhere, that you can only roll over 140. But I need someone to confirm that. 

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
3 of 41

Nichola L wrote:

I think it says somewhere, that you can only roll over 140. But I need someone to confirm that. 


No, they are valid for a year after purchase.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 41

Martina P wrote:

Nichola L wrote:

I think it says somewhere, that you can only roll over 140. But I need someone to confirm that. 


No, they are valid for a year after purchase.


They are valid for a year, but you can only rollover 140 from month to month and the thought that someone bought 300 connects totally stunned me.

 

Community Guru
Miriam H Member Since: May 16, 2017
5 of 41

Petra R wrote:

Martina P wrote:

Nichola L wrote:

I think it says somewhere, that you can only roll over 140. But I need someone to confirm that. 


No, they are valid for a year after purchase.


They are valid for a year, but you can only rollover 140 from month to month and the thought that someone bought 300 connects totally stunned me.

 


I'm sure the OP had his reasons, maybe those 300 were for convience, I don't know. Also, with most jobs costing 6 connects, that's 50 jobs...not a ton if you are looking at a quarterly view. Regardless, I don't see how the rollover piece should apply if a user isn't on a plan. 

Moderator
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
6 of 41

Hi Ruslan,

 

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Please note that connects do roll over for both Basic and Plus plans now. You will be able to roll over up to 140 Connects as a freelancer

 

You can check this help article for more information.

 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Miriam H Member Since: May 16, 2017
7 of 41

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Ruslan,

 

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Please note that connects do roll over for both Basic and Plus plans now. You will be able to roll over up to 140 Connects as a freelancer

 

You can check this help article for more information.

 

Thank you.


Are you saying he lost 170 of his connects just because he purchased them too close to the roll over window? This makes no sense. 

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
8 of 41

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Ruslan,

 

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Please note that connects do roll over for both Basic and Plus plans now. You will be able to roll over up to 140 Connects as a freelancer

 

You can check this help article for more information.

 

Thank you.


Bojan,

 

Would you please clarify?

 

What you're saying (I think) is that even if you've purchased X number of connects, all but 140 of them will not roll over? If that is made clear anywhere, would you please post a link?

 

We'd all appreciate that.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
9 of 41

Can I buy as many Connects as I want?

As a freelancer, the maximum balance of Connects you can have at any time is 350 (the same as now). For agencies, that maximum is 400. It is important to note that you can only roll over 140 Connects per billing cycle (agencies can roll over as many as 160). We will notify you before your Connects are due to expire.

 

How I understand it is that you can hang on to the number of connects you had prior to this new rollout for a year. 

Moderator
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
10 of 41

Hi All,

 

I apologies if my response wasn't clear. To clarify, all freelancers can roll over 140 connects per billing cycle. Any connects over that amount will not roll over. Please, see ''How many Connects can I roll over each month?'' section of this help article.

 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS