🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connects roll over and I have lost 170 connec...
Page options
ruslan08
Community Member

Connects roll over and I have lost 170 connects

Hello Support team,

I have purchased over 300 connects recently. It was July 8th to be more specific. 
And 2 days ago(July 15th), so it's only a week later, it was my connect monthly rollover period and I noticed that there is only 140 connects left on my account. 170 connects are removed.

What I was thinking as I was buying the connects was that those 300 connects would be available for a month. 

There is a reason for me to think that way. As there is no free connects these days, rollover day has no meaning. What I think is reasonable is that the connects purchased should be remained until next month, maybe 30 days from the moment of purchase. Isn't it?

If it's not, the truth is rollover day is nothing but a day when the system takes out the connects that we have bought. I have spent almost $50 for those connects after all and more than half is gone? Does this make sense?

Can anyone please take a look at this problem and help me out?

Upwork community is where the freelancers' problems are solved
Hope some community members can raise this issue to the customer support and let them take action, rather positive one please.

Looking forward the problem to be solved!!

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nichola L wrote:

OK I do see now. 

You can't stockpile and that makes sense. The number of connects you can have in any one cycle is 350. And that is a lot (even too many) if Upwork wants to reduce the number of random proposals sent out. So  at the end of each billing cycle however many you have left over 140, will not roll over.  

Yes, I see as well. However I will restate my question, does the billing cycle piece make sense if you aren't on a plan? Shouldn't it be 30 days from purchase if you aren't on a plan?  I appreciate Upwork is still working out the kinks - and I hope this user receives some refund or compenstation. 

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40
petra_r
Community Member

Ruslan R wrote:

I bought maybe too many connects but I was sure I could use more than 150 connects within 30 days.

So much for the idea that the new system will reduce proposals...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members