Did you mean: 

Connects suddenly become 0 (Zero)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
11 of 16

@Kamaal M wrote:

@Dawn L wrote:

I have a question about the Connects (when I worked on this site before, this feature wasn't available lol)

If a client declines your job proposal, do you (or are you supposed to) get those connects that you spent to apply for that job back? Or are they lost?

Hi Dawn,

if a client declines your proposal you will not get your connects back, they are gone for good, but if the client cancels the job aka did not hire anybody, you will get your connects back.

I see, thanks Kamaal!

By the way guys, I don't know if any of you have received this message yet while trying to log on the site, but this is the message I just received:

We'll be right back. Promise.

The Upwork site is down for scheduled maintenance. Shouldn't be long. Check back soon.
Rest assured that time logged through the Team App will be recorded.
(Simply add your offline time later if you need to log into a different team.)

Need help? Visit us on Facebook or get in touch on Twitter.

Got a feeling it's not a "scheduled maintenance" but rather an emergency maintenance after the issues yesterday (and now today), but hey... I guess it's at least a reason for not being able to log in, right? lol

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kamaal M Member Since: Aug 22, 2015
12 of 16

I see, thanks Kamaal!

By the way guys, I don't know if any of you have received this message yet while trying to log on the site, but this is the message I just received:

We'll be right back. Promise.

The Upwork site is down for scheduled maintenance. Shouldn't be long. Check back soon.
Rest assured that time logged through the Team App will be recorded.
(Simply add your offline time later if you need to log into a different team.)

Need help? Visit us on Facebook or get in touch on Twitter.

Got a feeling it's not a "scheduled maintenance" but rather an emergency maintenance after the issues yesterday (and now today), but hey... I guess it's at least a reason for not being able to log in, right? lol

You are welcome, i have this message now they are doing some maintenance and yeah it is possible emergancy maintenance but that does not guarantee it will be fully working soon, because last night i saw that same message  and this morning it was same old-same old (not working)

Highlighted
Yvette O Member Since: Feb 12, 2015
13 of 16

I am having the same problem. This site is also slow, no navigation bar and full of bugs. I have never seen Upwork/oDesk in this state - bugs, problems, off-line?

Please get this site up to standard again!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
14 of 16

@Yvette O wrote:

I am having the same problem. This site is also slow, no navigation bar and full of bugs. I have never seen Upwork/oDesk in this state - bugs, problems, off-line?

Please get this site up to standard again!

Same here. I used this platform 2 years ago with no problems at all (or, very little at least). This is the worst state I've ever seen it in. Granted, there were times where bugs or slow loading happened before, but I almost always noticed them after they released a new feature, and they were always fixed within a matter of hours (if not days). I've been back to the platform for about 3 weeks or so and I would have expected these issues to be fully resolved by now. I don't know how long they've actually be going on for all of you guys, but I know I'm already beginning to try thinking of new ways to generate income since this site is so unstable. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Md. Shohag H Member Since: Feb 3, 2015
15 of 16

Hi !

Upwork could not understand the shame and guilt the bug coming again and again also right now, and the feeling of complete loss. Perhaps even more important, severe ill-treatment could bring shame and dishonour on the online marketplace.

Thanks

Shohag

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Saldy D Member Since: Oct 11, 2012
16 of 16

This site is really going crazy.I tried to apply and submit my proposal then it says"Kaput bla bla".Then I just log out because its useless applying some jobs and your keep encountering like this.A moment later  I just log in and I found out that my connects also are being drop to zero instead of 60 connects..This site continously encountering tons of bugs after they change the old platform which is much better without this kind of bugs.The site also is really slow reloading after refreshing.For the meantime I will not bother applying jobs because its really annoying especially this kind of bugs.I will wait if this site will be stable.I hope our earnings will not be affected because that is totally scary.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS