🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Connects wasted on jobs that remain opene...
Page options
andrei_dan
Community Member

Connects wasted on jobs that remain opened since 6+ months ago

Greetings,

xcc.png

Please take a look at this job **Edited for Community Guidelines** as you notice it has 15 to 20 proposals, interviewing 1, and most importantly was last viewed by the client 6 months ago!

so it's clear that the client doesn't have ANY INTEREST into hiring someone for this particular job or he hired someone else outside upwork

It is fair for freelancers to pay for connects when you have such jobs that don't result in a successful hire ?

I want to get my connects back from this job and other particular jobs that are just left in the air.

Thank you,

Andrei

6 REPLIES 6
moonraker
Community Member

*Edit

Answered below. 

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrei,

We checked the job you're referring to and can confirm it was closed by the client in May, as indicated in the status note above the job title. We can also confirm that Connects used to submit proposals for this job have been returned since the job had been canceled without making a hire.

Closed.png

~ Vladimir
Upwork

But what about jobs closed by Upwork because there was no hire? Isn't it unfair that Upwork still keeps the connects?

Hi Maura-Rose,

If you're referring to jobs removed by Upwork for a ToS violation, Connects are returned to freelancers in that case. If you're referring to jobs that expired because clients didn't take any action on them for over 30 days, Connects aren't returned in this scenario.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

pk, but why I don't see it as "closed" ?

Hi Andrei,

You can still access the job post from your Proposal page since you had submitted a proposal on it, I can assure you the job isn't available in search since it has been closed by the client. You can also see that the submit proposal button isn't available on it.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths