🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Connects
Page options
hervevilla
Community Member

Connects

Hi, i took the membership connects for 10$ last time and you gave me 26 connects which are already finished. And since the day before yesterday, i don't have any connects to be able to summit for other jobs. Why this issue?

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Wenon T wrote:

Hi, i took the membership connects for 10$ last time and you gave me 26 connects which are already finished. And since the day before yesterday, i don't have any connects to be able to summit for other jobs. Why this issue?

Because you used them all.

You can buy more at (currently) $ 1.00 per connect.

But normally, I would be entitled to 70 connects per month depending on the
$10 membership.

Wenon T wrote:
But normally, I would be entitled to 70 connects per month depending on the
$10 membership.

Only if you updated on the exact date of your billing cycle.

If you were on the free membership and blasted through all your connects in a few days, then upgrading does not give you 70, it gives you the proportion of that remaining billing cycle.

I don't think you understand me. I paid $10 for membership fee and you gave
me only 26 connects per day out of a total of 70. I have already used all
the 26 connects since 3 days. I expected to receive more connections from
the rest but nothing.

Wenon T wrote:
I don't think you understand me. I paid $10 for membership fee and you gave
me only 26 connects per day out of a total of 70. I have already used all
the 26 connects since 3 days. I expected to receive more connections from
the rest but nothing.

I understand you just fine. You will not get any more connects until the beginning of your new billing cycle as seen on your Membership page.

You don't get 70 when you upgrade halfway through your billing cycle. You get a pro-rated number as explained here.

Upgrade Proration

At upgrade, you'll receive a prorated number of Connects. We change your billing cycle date when you upgrade, so proration is based on how many days into your Basic plan's billing cycle you were at the time of upgrade. By prorating your Connects we can ensure you always get a fair allotment no matter when you upgrade.

When you upgrade, you keep the Connects you already have and we add on the Plus plan upgrade amount (10 for freelancers or 20 for agencies). We then also give you credit for the days of billing cycle that have passed since your Connects were last refilled.

How? We figure each day is worth two Connects because the Basic plan gives you 60 to use in 30 days. If it's been three days since your Connects refreshed, you get six Connects. If it's been 25 days since your Connects refreshed, it'll be 50 Connects.

Connects balance at upgrade

Difference between Basic & Plus

+ 10

Days into the billing cycle

Prorated Connects (days x 2)

+ 50

Total after upgrade

= 105

Ok, i understood now. Thanks you for your assistance

Hi Upwork,

How are you there?

I paid 5$ USD yesterday to get connects and you gave me only 5 connects (1$ for 1 connect). Why? There are 5 days ago i paid you 10$ and you gave me only 26 connects instead of 70 connects monthly. 

I don't know why this issue?

Wenon T wrote:

Hi Upwork,

How are you there?

I paid 5$ USD yesterday to get connects and you gave me only 5 connects (1$ for 1 connect). Why? There are 5 days ago i paid you 10$ and you gave me only 26 connects instead of 70 connects monthly. 

I don't know why this issue?

I could swear I explained that to you yesterday....

Under the old plan each Connect costs $ 1.00 as was shown to you when you bought the connects.

Yesterday you claimed to have understood why you only got 26 Connects.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members