🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connects
Page options
atilapalkovac
Community Member

Connects

Hi,

I have submitted a proposal with 4 connects.

When the proposal was submitted, then I noticed that the client already hired somebody.

Now, I throw 4 connects on a job with hired freelancer.

I propose to put some notification on top of the page, where we can see that there already have hired freelancer.

I am not expected that a job have hired freelancer in an hour from starting, so i throw my connects away.

Best regards

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Usually, I check  how many proposals is for a job.

But this time, I did not expect to client already hired somebody.

As I said, I will double check every proposal after this.

Best regads

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
petra_r
Community Member

Atila P wrote:

I have submitted a proposal with 4 connects.

When the proposal was submitted, then I noticed that the client already hired somebody.

Now, I throw 4 connects on a job with hired freelancer.

With a bit of luck this new system will encourage freelancers to pay more attention before they send out proposals.

Yes, after this I will double check every proposal.

Best regards

How about Sorry? That has happened to all of us first.

My thoughts exactly...

bundie702
Community Member

I feel for you, Atila. This can be very frustrating, in that some clients who don't mention they're looking to hire someone right away hire within 30 minutes of posting, and others who say they're in a hurry end up never hiring anyone.

I always check to see if the client is interviewing anyone. Even doing this, I have spent time writing personalized proposals only to get an error message 15 or 20 minutes later that the job is no longer available. I wasted time but not connects, because the old method wouldn't allow me to apply. Maybe it has something to do with the client closing (or not) the job to new applicants? I'm not sure...but it sounds as though the new method is taking freelancer's connects and running with them...truly unfortunate. 

Usually, I check  how many proposals is for a job.

But this time, I did not expect to client already hired somebody.

As I said, I will double check every proposal after this.

Best regads

Bettye U wrote:

I feel for you, Atila. This can be very frustrating, in that some clients who don't mention they're looking to hire someone right away hire within 30 minutes of posting, and others who say they're in a hurry end up never hiring anyone.

I always check to see if the client is interviewing anyone. Even doing this, I have spent time writing personalized proposals only to get an error message 15 or 20 minutes later that the job is no longer available. I wasted time but not connects, because the old method wouldn't allow me to apply. Maybe it has something to do with the client closing (or not) the job to new applicants? I'm not sure...but it sounds as though the new method is taking freelancer's connects and running with them...truly unfortunate. 

You have always been able to apply to a job that already had one or more hires unless the client closed it prior to you submitting a bid.

Well to be honest, even after checking all facts about the Client and rest of it, I still have aa problem to find a job with excellent profile. I mean, there are worse profiles than mine for sure, and somehow I cant get a right chance. What am I doing wrong? Please, I really need help as UpWork is my only way of income.

Boris M wrote:
Well to be honest, even after checking all facts about the Client and rest of it, I still have aa problem to find a job with excellent profile.

What do you mean, an "excellent profile?"

You have a JSS of 50%

Exactly, so I have all good reviews and all the sudden this JSS thing along with Connects comes up and most of us suffer due to Clients unreliable feedback to UpWork. Not fair.

Boris M wrote:
Exactly, so I have all good reviews and all the sudden this JSS thing along with Connects comes up and most of us suffer due to Clients unreliable feedback to UpWork. Not fair.

The client may want to hire more than one freelancer, and you could have looked at the job post carefully before applying.

wontone9
Community Member

Yes upwork need some feature like 'Freeze project '. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members